s type jaguar 3ltr v6 - high water usage - jagman24

Hi, my jag is using vast amounts of water..(there is no water in the oil, as iv checked)...the 'engine coolant low' light keeps coming on, and despite topping up, and checking...cannot find any obvious leaks....Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, this problemhas been going on for months... Thanks.

jagman24

s type jaguar 3ltr v6 - high water usage - hardway

I'm sure these had a fault with the header tank fracturing.

And of coure it's right underneath which makes it impossible to see unless the tank has been removed.

s type jaguar 3ltr v6 - high water usage - Peter.N.

It could also be head gasket leakage, have a look round the header tank and see if there is evidence of dried antifreeze. If you run the overflow pipe into a receptical you can check and see if its filling up with coolant.

s type jaguar 3ltr v6 - high water usage - dimdip

Any sign of high humidity inside the cabin - fogged up windows, damp front footwell?

s type jaguar 3ltr v6 - high water usage - csgmart

Hi, my jag is using vast amounts of water..(there is no water in the oil, as iv checked)...the 'engine coolant low' light keeps coming on, and despite topping up, and checking...cannot find any obvious leaks....Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, this problemhas been going on for months... Thanks.

jagman24

There was a well known problem with the header tank developing a leak - I know as I had one! Replacements used to be available on a well known internet trading site for about £100 I think.