Jeep Cherokee - Rejection of the car on Hire Purchase - Lilli

Please help!! Not sure what to do now. A have a new Jeep on HP. Since we bought it it's been faulty. Been to the garage 3 times and they cannot fix the car. In August we made the complaint to finance company. After they had 8 weeks they asked 3 times for more time, so now its been 13 weeks with them and I haven't got their final response. Got Financial Ombudsman on the case now, and finance company asked for more time again. I'm not using the car and I would like to stop my direct debit, can I do this? What else I can do as it feels like they will keep my money, I'm not using the car plus they will take more money out of me by dragging their final response.

Jeep Cherokee - Rejection of the car on Hire Purchase - RobJP

You can't just unilaterally stop making payments, no. That would put you (and your credit rating) into all sorts of grief.

You say you've got the ombudsman on the case, and the finance company have 'asked for more time again'. Might I suggest that you agree to more time - for one final occasion - but ONLY on the condition that you have a suitable loan car until yours is fixed (i.e. something similar to the car you are paying for).

Jeep Cherokee - Rejection of the car on Hire Purchase - Lilli
Thank you very much for your reply, really appreciated. first time in the situation like this and very confused.
Ombudsman recommended to finance company in November that I have very strong evidences that the car was faulty since we bought (been to the garage 3 times try to fix this plus independant inspection) and it's not a satisfactory quality and he asked the finance company to take the car back, cancel the agreement with no extra cost to me, refund one month of payment as a compensation. So they won't provide me with the replacement car. But they just delaying the final response to get more money out of my pocket.