Geneva Motor Show: Volkswagen swings in with Caddy Maxi Life

Published 05 March 2015

This is the brand new Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Life, the MPV based on the Caddy van that, like an Olympic shot-putter, is unapologetically bulky in the pursuit of being good at what it does.

The new Caddy, the shorter wheelbase version, was unveiled recently in Poznan, Poland, but this is the first time we've seen the long wheelbase Maxi van, and its Maxi Life MPV partner. It's 32cm longer than the regular Caddy, meaning that inside it's as spacious as can be.

Statistically it's an excellent family car, with two rows of seats behind the driver and front passenger, plus a 530-litre boot. The third row can be removed, liberating a 1,350-litre boot space, and with the second row gone, it ups to a whopping 3,700 litres. In total, a 4.7m3 load space is available, making this a true van as well as a family car.

Volkswagen claims state-of-the-art tech for the Caddy, with the latest generation of EU6 qualifying TDI diesel and TSI petrol engines available. Power starts at 75PS and reaches a heady 150PS. It also has emergency city braking, which applies the brakes if a low speed collission is imminent, and a system that helps prevent knock-on crashes by applying the brakes automoatically after an initial impact; one fifth of all accidents involving injuries are as a result of collisions with more than one obstace, says Volkswagen.

Adaptive cruise control will be available too, as will Volkswagen's latest colour touchscreen infotainment unit, including more common stuff like Bluetooth phone connectivity and DAB radio.

The UK specification is yet to be finalised, but with a German launch in June, expect the Caddy to hit the shops over here by autumn.    

Comments

da m    on 5 March 2015

As an owner of a 14 plate Ford Tourneo Connect, having previously owned a Fiat Doblo and Peugeot Partner Tepee, I am very interested in this vehicle.

Honest john, please keep your website readers updated.

ianpark    on 9 March 2015

Dread to think what the list price will be well north of £20k I'd think,that the 75PS would be seriously under powered. I can't really see anything that the Caddy can do cannot be done by the LWB Ford Torneo Connect for a great deal less, still if you're willing to pay out for the supposed prestige of Volkswagen badge attached to a van assembled in Poland be my guest

aatapyo    on 27 January 2024

Good afternoon. The best and most reliable way to find an SEO expert is to visit seomeetup.com, which will help you with this. This is because the service has short portfolios of the best and most popular SEO experts. Each of them has their own approach to work, so after analysing the biographies of each of them, you will be able to make a decision.

Add a comment

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer