2006 Ford C-MAX 1.6TDCi - Yet another CVT gearbox failure! - Tarnish

My wife and I have been unlucky enough to have become victims of the CFT-23 curse recently having purchased a second hand 2006 C-MAX 1.6TDCi in October of 2014 from an independantdealer. In July of this year the transmission of course failed with a little over 50k on the clock. The car appeared to stall while my wife was driving it and by some miracle she managed to get it home where it was then immobile for several weeks until it decided it wanted to work again and we took the chance to get it to our local Ford dealership where the problem was diagnosed as a transmission control module failure, along with the news of the only solution being a complete transmission replacement at impractical cost. Having read through the wealth of information on the forum and having been given the middle finger by Ford Customer Services we've decided to take a shot at the small claims court. There's no excuse for Ford never having issued a product recall for this problem, in July of 2014 we should not have been able to purchase one of these cars if not for Ford's irresponsible behaviour in their handling of their design error.

If anyone can pass on any information of any sort on this topic we would be most appreciative.

foggyfieldATtalktalkDOTnet