Vauxhall Vectra (1.8 i 16v LS 5dr) - Where is the transponder chip? - vectra_owner

I have a Vectra C and have the original set of keys.

Can I ask where is the transponder chip - is it in the key barrel or is it inside the key fob? Remember this is Vectra C and not the old Vectra B.

Key 1 is working and can remote lock/unlock. Led lights also flash on button press.

Key 2 doesn't work. Padlock icon on dashboard. Led lights flash on button press.

Now, I thought I might have dropped the transponder chip when I was changing battery in Key 2. I looked at the key barrel but could not find anything looking like a transponder chip.

I then decided to look at the barrel of the working Key 1, could't find any transponder chip in the Key 1 barrel as well.

This is very confusing, as key 1 is working and remote locking/unlocking.

Vauxhall Vectra (1.8 i 16v LS 5dr) - Where is the transponder chip? - elekie&a/c doctor

The transponder chip is in the key.The reader pick-up for the transponder sits behind the ignition barrel.Usually made of black plastic.The chip in the key is a rectangular piece of plastic,about 10 mm long.

Vauxhall Vectra (1.8 i 16v LS 5dr) - Where is the transponder chip? - Graham567

Reading on the Vectra forums it sounds like the transponder is built into the circuit board.If the batteries have been dead for a while the key might need reprogramming with tech 2.

Have a look at www.vectra-c.com/forum/forum.php for more information.

Vauxhall Vectra (1.8 i 16v LS 5dr) - Where is the transponder chip? - elekie&a/c doctor

The batteries in the key are for the remote locking system.Nothing to do with the immobiliser.The car will start with the batteries removed.It is possible that the key has lost its programme.Of course it is possible that the second key has never been programmed.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 09/11/2015 at 08:44

Vauxhall Vectra (1.8 i 16v LS 5dr) - Where is the transponder chip? - vectra_owner

The second key was working a few hours before and is the original key for the vechile.

I can't see the transponder chip in the working key as well, so it may well be possible that the transponder chip is in the circuit board.

Not sure how to revive the non-working key. The led lights come on when I press the buttons.

Vauxhall Vectra (1.8 i 16v LS 5dr) - Where is the transponder chip? - daveyK_UK

You purchased a Vectra C, expect problems and lots of them.