No Thanks to - Online VED renewal - oldroverboy.

Doing my VED renewal a bit early, as away for a few days and don't want to leave it till last minute.

As I am no longer willing to risk my card details online for anyone so poor with my details , just went to the Post Office and paid £30 in cash.

Simples and just as quick.

No Thanks to - Online VED renewal - alan1302

Doing my VED renewal a bit early, as away for a few days and don't want to leave it till last minute.

As I am no longer willing to risk my card details online for anyone so poor with my details , just went to the Post Office and paid £30 in cash.

I can do my VED whilst in bed on my phone...certainly a lot quicker and easier than having to go to the Post Office during lunch time at work or joining a long queue on a Saturday.

Also if you used your debit card (which you didn't) at the Post Office then it will end up being stored somewhere like would have happened if you bought online.

paid £30 in cash.

Also if you used your debit card (which you didn't) at the Post Office then it will end up being stored somewhere like would have happened if you bought online.

Note the above.. Paid in Cash... :-)

Reducing online presence. disposable e-mail address for anything other than close friends and family. credit card solely for online use which rewuires a different pin each purchase. Never give ou home phone number only a pay as you go mobile for purchases when necessary.

Paranoid me? I KNOW they're out to get me. Good job not going north of J10 m1 next week to help with Bedfordshire police employment fund.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 05/11/2015 at 19:19

No Thanks to - Online VED renewal - RT

I gave up on using the Post Office when they closed the PO in our town - all of the sub-post offices in the various shops all have different list of serrvices they do, or don't do - impossible to track just where you can renew VED.

No Thanks to - Online VED renewal - SteveLee

I can do my VED whilst in bed on my phone...certainly a lot quicker and easier than having to go to the Post Office during lunch time at work or joining a long queue on a Saturday.

As an IT professional in the finance industry for over 30 years - I can honestly say that by doing financial transactions on your phone - you are stark raving MAD! The platforms are not secure - nor are the networks they operate over. I wouldn't even dream of having any financial details on my phone - let alone the ability to perform transactions. Nor do I even have my phone switched on whilst travelling - I don't particularly wish to be tracked by the many apps that demand (but do not require) access to geographical information.

Also I do not use my debit card for anything - that is MY money and I don't want anybody stealing it - transactions on the credit card on the other hand are at the credit card companys' risk/

No Thanks to - Online VED renewal - skidpan

As an IT professional in the finance industry for over 30 years - I can honestly say that by doing financial transactions on your phone - you are stark raving MAD! The platforms are not secure - nor are the networks they operate over

We had a warning at work about that few years ago. Calls can be routed via any country with less ethical attitudes than are present in most of the UK. Its either secure web payment or they wait for a cheque if we don't have an account.

As an IT professional in the finance industry for over 30 years - I can honestly say that by doing financial transactions on your phone - you are stark raving MAD! The platforms are not secure - nor are the networks they operate over. I wouldn't even dream of having any financial details on my phone - let alone the ability to perform transactions. Nor do I even have my phone switched on whilst travelling - I don't particularly wish to be tracked by the many apps that demand (but do not require) access to geographical information.

Also I do not use my debit card for anything - that is MY money and I don't want anybody stealing it - transactions on the credit card on the other hand are at the credit card companys' risk/

In IT but don't trust it? :-)

No Thanks to - Online VED renewal - madf

You should be charged extra for the overheads the PO incur. About £100 would do.

You should be charged extra for the overheads the PO incur. About £100 would do.

Post Office counters are paid for doing this.

As soon as Madf posts me a receipt for his 100 quid to Post Offices i'll donate the same amount to The British Heart Foundation, to whom I have recently given a lot of furniture from our old house, and who have kindly written to tell me of the sums, (in the hundreds( raised.

Post Office counters are paid for doing this.

As soon as Madf posts me a receipt for his 100 quid to Post Offices i'll donate the same amount to The British Heart Foundation, to whom I have recently given a lot of furniture from our old house, and who have kindly written to tell me of the sums, (in the hundreds( raised.

The point is that online transactions are more cost effective - if DVLA have to pay Post Office for each VED handled that's less money in DVLA coffers and more likely to trigger a rise in VED for all of us.

The point is that online transactions are more cost effective - if DVLA have to pay Post Office for each VED handled that's less money in DVLA coffers and more likely to trigger a rise in VED for all of us.

I know, but b*lls to all that.

my internet and financial security comes first!

No Thanks to - Online VED renewal - xtrailman

Paying on line isnt always cost effective, not when there is an extra charge for using a credit card.

We use our post office on a weekly basis, even if its just to buy the weekly local newspaper, the only paper we ever buy.

I know, but b*lls to all that.

my internet and financial security comes first!

Do you have a safe under the mattress - or just loose notes?

As our glorious leaders seem to enjoy playing fast and loose with our personal information, why supply. It to them when it can be avoided.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 06/11/2015 at 21:36

As our glorious leaders seem to enjoy playing fast and loose with our personal information, why supply. It to them when it can be avoided.

They already know who you are...and can find out anything they want about you should the feel the need...althoigh I expect it's very unlikely they would want to know much about you unless your an undercover spy!