Road tax - steeling road tax back - bigshineybike

Regarding electronic tax. Have the govenrment covered this eventuality?

So you sell a car, the tax only becomes defunct the minute dvla get the documents all good.

What if you declare sorn on-line the night you sell the vehicle. You get a refund on tax paid as a checque in the post.

The new owner taxes the car the next day. The documents are still in the post (assume you ever send them) DVLA still think you are the owner. a few days later you declare sorn again. the DVLA send you ( the registered owner the checue for at least £200 . you dissapear.

The new owner drives around hopefully not being detected by ANPR for a few months.

You move away ( or you mum says "that little bleedr, he doesnt live here anymore" etc etc. A lot of work for a couple of hundred quid but a mate of mine has wasted an hour now discussing other ways the new tax laws could slap him in the face.

Road tax - steeling road tax back - skidpan

The purchaser has to tax the vehicle "as a new keeper" using the reg number and the 12 digit ref on the V5C/2 subsection that the seller hands to the buyer.

The new keepers details go on the web form thus its impossible for the original keeper i.e the seller to claim a refund for something they did not pay for.

Road tax - steeling road tax back - RT

You can notify change of keeper online - that triggers the automatic refund and established the point in time when ownership changed - no need for documents in the post.

Road tax - steeling road tax back - car parking uk
You move away ( or you mum says "that little bleedr, he doesnt live here anymore" etc etc. A lot of work for a couple of hundred quid but a mate of mine has wasted an hour now discussing other ways the new tax laws could slap him in the face.