Audi A4 1.9 TDI 2003 - Alarm won't go off - Steveieb

Managed to annoy the neighbours with my alarm which has been going off all night.

Tried to limit the alarm using the switches in the door which control the motion sensors but no luck.

Finally managed to locate the sounder in the boot and disconnect the leads. But would be grateful to know what is causing the problem

Audi A4 1.9 TDI 2003 - Alarm won't go off - elekie&a/c doctor
Very likely to be a faulty alarm sounder.the internal battery fails and causes problems.leave it disconnected.
Audi A4 1.9 TDI 2003 - Alarm won't go off - Steveieb

So grateful as usual for your brilliant advice.

Will I get any battery drain if the alarm tries to go off ?

Audi A4 1.9 TDI 2003 - Alarm won't go off - elekie&a/c doctor
If this has stopped the alarm going off ,then it will be no problem with the battery
Audi A4 1.9 TDI 2003 - Alarm won't go off - A3 A4

Had the same problem recently with my 02 Avant TDI, it occurred after washing it and ran the battery down, the indicators remained flashing all night requiring a jump start.

Annoyingly it hasn't happened since, but fear it will, I suspect a faulty door/bonnet/boot switch that when wet triggers the alarm.

Audi A4 1.9 TDI 2003 - Alarm won't go off - dieselnut

Carefully check under the front passenger carpet, it will probably be wet.

Undo the side trim & get your hand under both the carpet & thick foam, the convenience ECU ( controls the alarm, windows & central locking ) lives at the bottom of the floor ( great choice of location VW ) & will probably be damp or worse, swimming.