Ford S-MAX - Buying a Ford Smax 2.0 petrol - advice - win6

We are looking to part ex our Mondeo as baby number 4 is due in a few weeks & we need the 6th seat. We've found a 56 plate 2.0 petrol in Titanium spec, 78k for £5000. Is there anything I need to be looking out for on these?

Haven't bought many cars before (a I'm a woman buying!) but would you say the price could be negotiated even though I'm looking to part ex my Mondeo (58 plate 1.8 tdci zetec in black with 93k on the clock (ex company car with almost full service history)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ford S-MAX - Buying a Ford Smax 2.0 petrol - advice - Avant

Click on Reviews (above, on this site) and then Car by Car Reviews, and you'll find out about the S-Max. Also maKe sure that it's got a full service history.

It's always worth trying to negotiate - in your case, with PX, it's the 'cost to change' that you'll be negotiating. Take your other half along with you, as there is a type of male chauvinist salesman that thinks a woman on her own is an easy touch.

Edited by Avant on 31/10/2015 at 18:00

Ford S-MAX - Buying a Ford Smax 2.0 petrol - advice - Happy Blue!

These are great family cars. Also, mechanically identical to the Mondeo so you should have no surprises. Listen to the noises of the car. Should be similar to you old one. In terms of price, just keep looking at Autotrader for similar cars and compare specs, mileages and condition. You will know quickly if the price is right.