Agrressive drivers How long - before somebody dies waiting in an ambulance? - oldroverboy.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3283037/The-shock...l

Another silly incident of people refusing to reverse.

Should fall under the offence of driving without due consideration for others and BOTH should be fined.

I must admit that it happened to me in a street where i was driving on my side of the road and there was a long line of cars parked on the opposite side, just before i reached the far end of the line (so almost clear) a bus pulled out diagonally and blocked the way, forcing me to stop. The kerb at this point was high enough that mounting it was not an option. There was aline of traffic building up behind me so I cou;d not reverse, but it was clear behind the bus, and people were starting to "toot" as they do when 10 seconds stopped for no good reason.

I walked over to the bus drivers window and pointed out that unless he moved his bus back a couple of feet to allow me enough clearance to pass, it would be reported and the evidence shown on my dashcam and his cctv would be shown to his bosses.

He moved and I reported him anyway, and received an apology from the busco. he was reminded of his responsibilities as a Psv licence holder.

Not seen him on that route since.

But how long till this madness ends in a death to a third party in an ambulance or somesuch because emergency vehicles cannot reach th scene of an "incident"

Agrressive drivers How long - before somebody dies waiting in an ambulance? - craig-pd130

Stupid, priggish driver in the BMW.

In our town, the fire station is down a narrowish road that also has a primary school, which attracts the usual jumble of school-run cars.

The fire tender emerged with full blues and twos, but encountered a bottleneck made by two parked cars that it couldn't get through. All the fire crew apart from the driver leapt out, and started bouncing one of the cars on its springs. They 'hopped' the car out of their path in about 20 seconds, leapt back in the tender and roared off to attend the emergency. I was laughing like a drain.

Pity the ambulance crew couldn't enlist a couple of volunteers to move the BMW in the same way :)

Agrressive drivers How long - before somebody dies waiting in an ambulance? - Andrew-T

I'm afraid that while people continue to live and work in increasingly congested areas, and increasing numbers of them find it necessary to drive increasingly obese vehicles, the problem will not diminish any time soon (as the in-phrase has it).

I'm just glad that things are only moderately bad in my neck of the woods.

Agrressive drivers How long - before somebody dies waiting in an ambulance? - gordonbennet

Exactly so Andrew, the country reached overcrowded some time ago, it was never designed (as such) to be home to so many humans, this is just a small silly skirmish barely worth reporting compared to what the future has in store as the pressure cooker gets hotter.