Dayco timing belts made in China. - Wackyracer

I've bought a new timing belt and noticed that it is made in China.

I've always sang the praises of Dayco but, I have to say that it does not instil confidence in me when I read "made in China" on anything.

Dayco timing belts made in China. - madf

SO far their nuclear reactors seem OK.. no melt downs like Chernobyl.

Dayco timing belts made in China. - skidpan

I have to say that it does not instil confidence in me when I read "made in China" on anything.

Its all down to quality control.

The Chinese have the ability to match anybody's quality.

Have you never bought faulty British goods.

Dayco timing belts made in China. - Galaxy

It's very difficult to find anything today that isn't made in China! Even name brands.

They are the Japan of the 2000's as far as manufacturing is concerned. There are plenty of other countries who are waiting in the wings ready to take over world production from China when the time is right, e.g. India.

Dayco timing belts made in China. - galileo

I have to say that it does not instil confidence in me when I read "made in China" on anything.

Its all down to quality control.

Have you never bought faulty British goods.

The firm I worked for set up a subsidiary in China, I can confirm their QC was absolutely spot on, parts they made were well within drawing limits every time.

Dayco timing belts made in China. - oldroverboy.

My Brother in law has imported spare parts for cars from China for many years.

A few years ago, when i questioned the quality, he informed me that

"The Chinese will manufacture to your Specification"

You want "cheap" you can have it, You want good, you can have it, just costs a bit more, but the person placing the order sets the price and specification.

He used to travel regularly to the factories to meet his suppliers, and made lots of money over the years with very few problems.

Dayco timing belts made in China. - brum

I've bought dayco aux belts twice because gsf didnt have any alternative in stock. I found they stretch and perish quicker than the oem (continental), about twice as fast at a guess. Dont know where they were made.

Personally I wouldnt trust anything but an oem cambelt.

Dayco timing belts made in China. - Wackyracer

I've bought dayco aux belts twice because gsf didnt have any alternative in stock. I found they stretch and perish quicker than the oem (continental), about twice as fast at a guess. Dont know where they were made.

Personally I wouldnt trust anything but an oem cambelt.

Well, Citroen OEM belts I bought in the past have been either Gates or Dayco. Last time I bought a Gates belt from a local Gates distributor.

Dayco timing belts made in China. - SteveLee

Then why have they spent 25+ years in vain trying to build a decent jet engine? Rolls Royce sold them the rights including tooling, metallurgy secrets and full support to build the Spey - the resulting Xian JH-7 is a smoky, thirsty dog with a short MTBF life despite billions being thrown at the project - the Chinese buy up every used Rolls Royce Spey they can get their hands on (including all our used and spare engines when the Buccaneers were scraped) - despite all the will in the world - the design plans, support from Rolls Royce and up-to-the-minute manufacturing facilities - the Chinese STILL cannot build a 1960s British jet engine to western standards.

Dayco timing belts made in China. - Mr Carrot Cake

In China you can get any quality you want, depending on what you pay them.

Edited by Mr Carrot Cake on 14/10/2015 at 20:33

Dayco timing belts made in China. - alan1302

In China you can get any quality you want, depending on what you pay them.

Same as anywhere