subaru - hillman

The new Subaru Levrorg has a 1.6 litre petrol engine that has more torque than my 2.5 litre Outback petrol engine, 250 ft lbs against 235 ft lbs, at a more suitable engine revolution range and almost as much power, 170hp agianst 175 hp, again at a more suitable engine rev band. Is there something I should know ? Whether it will last as long or cost squillions to service only time will tell.

Edited by hillman on 12/10/2015 at 21:08

subaru - RT

Why are you surprised? The Levorg 1.6 is a turbo engine.

Although I loved my Outback 2.5, I always felt envious of the Americans who got a turbo 2.5 in their Outbacks.

subaru - gordonbennet

statistics, damned statistics, one thing that my years on the road have taught me is that better figures on paper do not necessarily deliver a better drive, unless the power is smoothly delivered from low revs straight through an engine can be disappointing...as many turbo engines have proved to be to me.

I hope Subaru's new petrol lump has better durability that the 2.0 litre Diesel has.

subaru - Avant

According to the brief reviews so far in the magazines, the engine and (particularly) the automatic gearbox seem to be a bit of a disappointment.

I can't think why Subaru couldn't have offered it with a choice of manual or automatic. And calling it a name which spells GROVEL backwards is an immediate own goal.

subaru - Happy Blue!

Went to a Subaru dealer yesterday to look at a possible cat for me. The Outback was a disappointment after my 2005 Outback, having a less sophisticated interior and doors with framed windows! ! The Levorg had very little internal room and is bland externally. I could cope with a Forester but somehow I was not excited. What a shame.

subaru - groaver

Went to a Subaru dealer yesterday to look at a possible cat for me. The Outback was a disappointment after my 2005 Outback, having a less sophisticated interior and doors with framed windows! ! The Levorg had very little internal room and is bland externally. I could cope with a Forester but somehow I was not excited. What a shame.

The BRZ is the one to provide some excitement.

subaru - Falkirk Bairn

As I said in a previous post I looked at the Levorg and it got the thumbs up from me in regard to its high spec, construction & fit / finish were good, it was a bit on the pricey side but seemed to tick all my boxes.

Then I found out you sat down into it and pulled yourself (at my age!!!) out of it BUT I think I would have at least test driven it bar the access issues.

Well specced (no extras needed to be added), powerful 1.6 litre auto petrol - a left field choice for many (most!) people but would have suited me

PS

CVT auto was a concern but that dates back to cars 20+ years ago with CVTs and only when driven could I have formed an opinion of whether I could / could not live with it.

subaru - hillman

Falkirk Bairn - I give lifts to a number of old people who have difficulty getting out of a car that's too low. Likewise getting into a car that's too high, like some 4X4s. It's alright having a 'bum-height' seat as one 4X4 salesman told me, getting out is no problem, provided the old people are steady, but climbing in is another matter.

subaru - Trilogy

Apparently windows are now farmed to reduce wind noise.

subaru - Trilogy

And calling it a name which spells GROVEL backwards is an immediate own goal.

Avant, taken from Subaru website.

The name Levorg is filled with meaning. LE stands for Legacy (a long Subaru tradition). “VO” stand for Revolution and “RG” means Touring. The name has received some criticism from various automotive commentators.

Edited by Trilogy on 14/10/2015 at 21:38