Minor Bump - johnnyrev

Had a minor bump on the way home today. It was entirely avoidable and I am more annoyed at the other driver than the damage to the CLK (broken light lense and damaged rear bumper).

The main road near us, going through Sutton Coldfield into Birmingham has recently changed from a 40 limit to a 30. Some people havent realised this, so this morning I had Nissan Juke in my boot flashing its lights while I pootled at 30-35.

Aware that the Juke was very close, I indicated very early for my road and slowed gradually, but on turning in to my road, the Juke hit my rear bumper and lights. Not much damage to either car, but more annoying was the abuse I got from the young lady driver- it was my fault, I was going to slowly in a 40 zone etc.

When I pointed out it was 30, I was called a liar and various other things!. I have been called many things when I am out and about in my clerical collar, but I dont think I've been called a liar before!

I left her to her ranting in the end. She gave me her name and number, refused to give me her address, so I gave her my details and left. On the plus side my insurance company are being very helpful, even if they are very keen to offer a hire car!

I am now more annoyed with her than my broken light and bumper! Might be preaching about forgiveness on Sunday.......

Minor Bump - RobJP

A friend of mine has a saying...

No cure for stupid !

Minor Bump - skidpan

So she ran into the rear of you because you were driving at the speed limit and she wanted to drive faster.

Looks clear cut enough to me.

Make sure you make it clear on any claim form and don't accept a hire car Your Insurance Companies approved repairer should deliver a loan car (if you are entitled to one) when they collect your car to repair it.

By refusing to give you her details suerly she has broken the law. Trust you got her reg no. and Insurance company name at least.

Edited by skidpan on 07/10/2015 at 17:06

Minor Bump - bathtub tom

Hope you reported it to the police. Name and number could be anything she imagined.

Failing to give her insurance details is the the same as failing to stop!

Minor Bump - Engineer Andy

Its amazing how so many people are always in a hurry these days. Have they ever thought about leaving 5/10 minutes earlier? You'd think sometimes people drive so fast that if they didn't get to their destination on time the world would end ;-)

Minor Bump - Smileyman

Well I'd agree why not leave home 10 minutes earlier, that's 50 minutes less sleep per week, just what the doctor ordered ... and another 10 minutes later home from work each day, for me a weekly commute of 10 hours just became nearly 12!

Minor Bump - alan1302

Well I'd agree why not leave home 10 minutes earlier, that's 50 minutes less sleep per week, just what the doctor ordered ... and another 10 minutes later home from work each day, for me a weekly commute of 10 hours just became nearly 12!

Go to bed 10 minutes earlier then

Minor Bump - Smileyman

If only life was as simple ....

Minor Bump - alan1302

If only life was as simple ....

It is

Minor Bump - Wackyracer

Its amazing how so many people are always in a hurry these days. Have they ever thought about leaving 5/10 minutes earlier? You'd think sometimes people drive so fast that if they didn't get to their destination on time the world would end ;-)

I bet she was late this morning! I'd report her for tailgating.

Minor Bump - johnnyrev
Lots of people I have spoken to think I should report her to the police, for tail-gateing and not giving her address. But I don't think I will, hopefully she will check the speed limit and slow down!

Her insurance company phoned me this morning offering me a repair and a courtesy car, and admitting full liability (not that it was in doubt). It was too late though, the CLK had just gone off to be fixed via my insurance. The gentleman collecting it looked at the damage and said it should only take a couple of days.

We shall see if they replace the bumper or respray it. I think they will replace it! Assuming you can still buy replacement bumpers for a 16 year old car!
Minor Bump - Leif

Sounds like you are being too nice. Surely she should be held responsible for her actions? I'd report her. After all, has she done the same to other people? Tip of the iceberg maybe?

Minor Bump - alan1302

Sounds like you are being too nice. Surely she should be held responsible for her actions? I'd report her. After all, has she done the same to other people? Tip of the iceberg maybe?

What would the police do? No proof of the tail gating and the insurce companies are talking to each other so everthing seems to be going along as it should be.

Minor Bump - Leif

I take it you are not from Northern Ireland? I'm sure a burst of "You are an evil sinner" in Ian Paisley tones from someone in a dog collar would give anyone the beejaysus.

Minor Bump - Avant

I don't think the police can do anything unless you have an independent witness.

Minor Bump - gordonbennet

Well i'm pleased he insurer have agreed liability, pity they didn't get in touch earlier or they could have mitigated their costs somewhat.

Daughter in Law's car got hit quite hard in the child nursery car park, the other party's insurer couldn't get on the phone quick enough to sort it out amicably, like for like hire car from them (Rav 4 for CRV), CRV collected and will be returned when fixed, couldn't be easier.

As for tailgating fools, they are legion.