lexus ct200h - Cars with Futuristic / Technical / interior design - pedram_uk

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a (used) car (Budget is under £10000), and one of the most important things in a car for me is the interior design (dashboard, center console, etc).

I find interior designs such as Lexus CT200h (with all the back lights such as gree light when you go "Eco" mode or red light when you go "Sport" mode), or the ldashboard layout of the Honda CRZ to be very beautiful.

On the other hand, I find the simple designs such as the ones on most BMWs and Audis to be extreamly boaring.

This may sound odd, I love lots of bottons and lights in the interior designs. I'm a very technical and computer person myself (Game Designer) and would love to see my options when it comes to affordable used cars with technical and futuristic interior designs.

All recomendations are welcomed.

Thank you!

Correction: budget is around £7000

lexus ct200h - Cars with Futuristic / Technical / interior design - dadbif
May I suggest that you include a "spellchecker" in the games that you design?
lexus ct200h - Cars with Futuristic / Technical / interior design - alan1302

May I suggest you read the forum rules:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=87984

lexus ct200h - Cars with Futuristic / Technical / interior design - 72 dudes

Dashboard design is one interesting parameter I guess!

Toyota Prius; Citroen C4 Picasso; Citroen C5; Honda Civic are the first to spring to mind.

lexus ct200h - Cars with Futuristic / Technical / interior design - Happy Blue!

Certainly, I find interior design to be an important factor in choosing a new car. The current BMW interiors are dated, with false features (either have a screen that rises up into view or build it in - and that includes Mercedes but don't perch it on top, it looks awful) and many of the cheaper cars do it so much better, with large central screenstation. My old Smax was excellent in this regard.

Certainly, I find interior design to be an important factor in choosing a new car. The current BMW interiors are dated, with false features (either have a screen that rises up into view or build it in - and that includes Mercedes but don't perch it on top, it looks awful) and many of the cheaper cars do it so much better, with large central screenstation. My old Smax was excellent in this regard.

Thanks for the input.

Interior Design is more important for me than exterior design. I mean the trip to work is about an hour long each way, so I spend minimum about 2 hours in the car every day, and I like the interior to look interesting.

I'm disappointed to see not many companies care much about the interior designs.

lexus ct200h - Cars with Futuristic / Technical / interior design - Engineer Andy

...just don't buy something that looks 'flashy and futuristic' on the inside but is as reliable as a (no, I wasn't going to say VW) politician telling the truth.

BTW - the Volvo V40 has a LCD speedo/display instead of the usual dials and less of the cheapy-looking plastic of some of the Japanese makes. Worth a look if you can find one in your price range.

Dashboard design is one interesting parameter I guess!

Toyota Prius; Citroen C4 Picasso; Citroen C5; Honda Civic are the first to spring to mind.

Thank you for the tips, I've already had a Civic and I have to agree the interior does look very interesting. Citroen C5 seems like an option as well.

Thank you think of any other, please do let me know.

lexus ct200h - Cars with Futuristic / Technical / interior design - skidpan

Interior Design is more important for me than exterior design. I mean the trip to work is about an hour long each way, so I spend minimum about 2 hours in the car every day, and I like the interior to look interesting

I have to be honest and whilst I appreciate nice materials instead of hard scrachy plastics comfort, refinement, economy, reliability and performance are more are more important to me than an interesting interior.

When you are driving you should be looking out of the windows, concentrating on other road users etc and not admiring the design.

lexus ct200h - Cars with Futuristic / Technical / interior design - Avant

Indeed one should, and you're perfectly correct, Skidpan. But whether we like it or not, interior design helps to sell a car.

We've all done it - you go into a showroom and sit in a car. Before you get anywhere near to driving it, you're faced with the dashboard - which if you buy the car you're going to be looking at for some years.