Suzuki Swift Sport - Coolant Loss - verde

I collected my brand new Suzuki Swift Sport on 26th Sept 2015, following a journey of 105 miles I noticed the coolant level in the expansion tank had dropped by 30mm to just above the minimum level line. I took the car to the dealership to have the coolant topped up on 1st October. I can see no signs of leaks in the engine bay, the temp gauge is always on normal, there is no sign of coolant on my garage floor. There is no sign of coolant in the oil when looking at the dipstick or opening the oil filler cap. The car has now covered a total of 300 miles.

If this coolant loss happens agian what is my best course of action, do I allow the dealership to investigate or do I reject the car outright as faulty.

Suzuki Swift Sport - Coolant Loss - alan1302

Are you sure the level wasn't just low to start with?

When I collected the car, the coolant level was approximately 10mm below the maximum line on the expansion tank. Having been an engineer for 40 years I check and note all fluid levels under the bonnet prior to driving the car away from the dealership.

The dealership has topped up the expansion tank and I will monitor the level during the next few weeks.

I have owned a number of Zusuki's and never had any problems before.

Suzuki Swift Sport - Coolant Loss - Bolt

Its possible it was missed on PDI (pre delivery inspection) used to happen on occasions when busy, and the level may have settled down now its been topped up

Suzuki Swift Sport - Coolant Loss - Oli rag

It may be just a small amount of air in the system venting out on the first long run. Keep an eye, probably fine now.

Following taking the car back to the Suzuki dealer to have the coolant topped up it has now remained stable for 300 miles, so it must have been air in the system. Thanks to all for your advice.

Suzuki Swift Sport - Coolant Loss - KenC

Thats good news, I saw your comment regarding owing other Suzukis, have you owned ( long term ) a Suzuki Swift 1.2 post 2010 ?