Poor drivers - Like Father..Like son - oldroverboy.

A few years ago, while out in the middle east visiting friends was asked by the father for an opinion of the mechanical state of the car. We were on some quiet roads so took the wheel and rove a couple of miles, and opined that nothing wrong with the car other than its age, (but quietly to swmbo that a new driver would be useful.

Back there and last night went out with the son shopping and to get a takeaway for supper.

Still not much wrong with the car but the son a worse driver. Wrong gear on hill starts, swinging far too wide on bends, driving on the left.... poor stopping and braking. Don't make me laugh about his parking...

I think I prefer Jordanian taxi drivers to this.

Poor drivers - Like Father..Like son - gordonbennet

I love watching the Youtube clips of Saudi drivers acting the fool, they're absolutely bonkers, there's one long clip where a driver half rolls a Landcruiser and, travelling down the road at about 40mph on two wheels, his mates climb out the window and proceed to change one of the wheels, he keeps it upright the whole time, brilliant.

On holiday in Egypt we used the local taxis a couple of times, elderly Peugeot 504 estates, did you know they can travel at 80mph down dust tracks dodging between camels and herders without a care in the world, Alton Towers haven't a clue when it cpomes to white knuckle rides.

Poor drivers - Like Father..Like son - daveyjp

We went in an Egyptian 504 taxi and it reeked of petrol. It was an estate so I looked in the boot.

At some point it must have needed a new fuel tank. As parts are no doubt difficult to come by the driver had simply hooked up an outboard motor fuel tank in the boot and had a couple of jerry cans to keep it topped up. Thankfully it was a short trip, but I really didn;t want to be rear ended.

The habit they have of turning their headlights off until they see a car approaching is also rather un-nerving.

Poor drivers - Like Father..Like son - Engineer Andy

Maybe you should be paying them with carrots rather than cash - they might stand a better chance in seeing the oncoming traffic sooner!

Poor drivers - Like Father..Like son - oldroverboy.

I forgot to add that the mobile was held to the ear, and he texted too, but only when going slowly, it would not have been polite to comment, especially as we were driving to the duty free shop for our alcohol allowance.

Poor drivers - Like Father..Like son - mss1tw

The habit they have of turning their headlights off until they see a car approaching is also rather un-nerving.

This has got to be amongst the stupidest (Although not surprising) things I've ever heard!