Vauxhall Astra - Is it fair? - JoshNK34

Hi there,

This company - Friendly Car Insurance - offered me a very interesting insurance for my 2008 Astra. I am quite young driver so saving money is important for me.

I am insured in Aviva but they are offering me the 200 GBP reduction.

I must choose insurance very fast - so question for you - have you ever heard about this company? Are they verified?

Josh

Vauxhall Astra - Is it fair? - martint123

Well a quick Google shows nothing for that name in teh first couple of pages. That in itself would stop me in my tracks.

Do you have a link to their web site so we can peruse ??

Vauxhall Astra - Is it fair? - RT

Well a quick Google shows nothing for that name in teh first couple of pages. That in itself would stop me in my tracks.

Do you have a link to their web site so we can peruse ??

I can't find links either - not directly or indirectly - so, as said, walk away.

Vauxhall Astra - Is it fair? - scot22

I am sure there has been a thread on insurance for younger drivers - search the forum - there was, as usual, a lot of well informed advice.

Vauxhall Astra - Is it fair? - focussed

Apparently-All insurance brokers and advisers have to be registered on the financial services register.

Friendly Insurance does not come up as a registered company as a search on their database.

There are three companies with "friendly" in their name that come up on the search.

Two out of three are no longer registered.

www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmMainSearch.do

Form your own conclusions.

Vauxhall Astra - Is it fair? - Nezza
I have just renewed my mk5 Astra insurance and was also with Aviva. I have now gone with Esure as the price quoted is £157 for the year with protected no claims. Ok, not quite a young driver being in my mid thirties but considering the model is the 200ps SRI I think it is a great price. Worth a call.