car brokers-which one arranges for the best deals? - concrete

Hello All, I think this has come up previously but here goes......

I have been getting quotes for various vehicles, with a view to purchase in January 2016. I decided to buy a new vehicle in readiness for towing a caravan(also to buy in Jan 2016). Some brokers have come up with very good prices, other not so good. By that I mean sometimes over a 1K difference between them for identical cars. Drivethedeal seems to be consistently quite good, but others here have mentioned other websites or brokers they have used.

I would be grateful for any knowledge of personal experience of buying through these type of organisations.

Thank you. Concrete

car brokers-which one arranges for the best deals? - skidpan

When I bought the Seat Leon 2 years ago Carfile.net had the best price and their service was exactly what you would want. Contacted Monday, collected Friday.

When we bought the Nissan Note in June Carfiles price was £1200 higher than Drive the Deal but in turn they were higher than Car Wow who actually used the dealer we have used for servicing Nissans in the past. But in this instance our local dealer beat the lot.

Don't assume brokers will offer the best deal, sometimes they don't.

car brokers-which one arranges for the best deals? - RT

Some of the brokers use generic or historic figures so you'd need to progress the matter past the website and get real figures from the dealers the brokers put you in touch with.

It's also worth using the internet to get dealer reviews as some of those used to get really big discounts give carp service, screw the order up, etc.

I'm currently waiting for a car ordered through Carwow - they weren't quite the cheapest but the dealers offered by other brokers had poor reputations - it depends on brand obviously.

Edited by RT on 05/09/2015 at 18:54

car brokers-which one arranges for the best deals? - rsvtoddy

My father bought a C class Merc from Broadspeed earlier this year. Everything was fine and it was supplied by the dealer in Grimsby. Recommended.

Thanks everyone. It was Carwow that was consistently the highest, although the quotes came direct from main dealers. Drivethedeal was competitive most times. I will try the others and see what happens. A bit early to try the dealers yet. In a better negotiating position with a budget and ready to buy or walk if they don't play ball. Very good comments though.

Cheers Concrete

car brokers-which one arranges for the best deals? - Bromptonaut

When we bought our Berlingo two years ago we got quotes from Broadspeed, DtD etc. In practice though they were very little less than Perrys in MK were offering for unregistered stock vehicles.

Obviously, that limited our choice of colour but as long as we got the engine/trim combo (115PS/XTR) we were happy. We needed a car quickly as my the 13yo Xantia was needing expensive work way beyond what was worth spending and was unsafe - failed supension spheres.

car brokers-which one arranges for the best deals? - bernie123

I was under the impression that Citroen suspension spheres are actually quite cheap. A good excuse to tell the wife that you need a new car though !

car brokers-which one arranges for the best deals? - csgmart

I've just ordered a new car from my local dealer. Initially they gave me what I thought was a decent enough offer but having used Carwow I was quoted around £3k less from a different main dealer about 150 miles from me.

Discussed this with my local dealer and without hesitation he dropped his price by £2750. He explained that I had been lucky as the area manager had popped into his dealership on the day I brought this to his attention and sanctioned the discount. Probably complete BS but I got the discount and can pick up the car locally rather than travel huge distances.

So, brokers can be good to get you a better deal at your local dealership and if that doesn't work you can always buy through the broker (or the dealership they put you in touch with).

car brokers-which one arranges for the best deals? - RT

I've just ordered a new car from my local dealer. Initially they gave me what I thought was a decent enough offer but having used Carwow I was quoted around £3k less from a different main dealer about 150 miles from me.

Discussed this with my local dealer and without hesitation he dropped his price by £2750. He explained that I had been lucky as the area manager had popped into his dealership on the day I brought this to his attention and sanctioned the discount. Probably complete BS but I got the discount and can pick up the car locally rather than travel huge distances.

So, brokers can be good to get you a better deal at your local dealership and if that doesn't work you can always buy through the broker (or the dealership they put you in touch with).

Undoubtedly BS, but I always let salesmen retain their dignity when reducing the price!

car brokers-which one arranges for the best deals? - RobJP

Apologies for my slightly late contribution to this thread, but you could also try coast2coast for a quote to beat down your local dealer. When we bought a new Z4 a few months ago, my dealer came within £200 or so of the C2C price pretty quickly - and as the C2C price would have meant buying and collecting from a BMW dealer a few hours away, we went with the local dealer price.

Thanks again to everyone. I have tried some of the other sites mentioned and am pleasantly surprised by some of the quotes coming back.

Very helpful chaps.

Cheers Concrete