Renault grand scenic - car supermarkets - scenic 3

Has any one been to one of these places? 10 plate grand scenic privalige less than 50000 on it but interior looked like it had done over 100000 miles!! I'm not saying there up to clocking there cars but I have a scenic with 50000 miles on it and it looks new inside still ( and I have three kids) all the cars I looked at including over 10 k cars didn't look anywhere near what they should for price. This is one of the reasons lots of people get caught in the car on finance net. Crap rubbish being polished up to look new and sold at a premium price only to find five months down the line it doesn't work and any kind of warranty gold platinum nickel dimond cut super £500 extra or free rac AA whatever doesn't cover it! After buying cars and selling for over 15 years the bottom line is always you get what you pay for and main dealer 1-3 yr old cars are the best to get on finance.

Edited by Avant on 01/09/2015 at 12:30

Renault grand scenic - car supermarkets - galileo

I only ever had one car on finance (back in the 1960s) and ever since paid cash (or got a bank loan to fund a cash purchase).

That way it is 100% mine from day one, so free to sell/px or whatever; years ago I could insure TPFT, which was much cheaper than the fully comp which finance companies insisted on.

Edited by Avant on 01/09/2015 at 12:31

Renault grand scenic - car supermarkets - nick62

When I went self-employed in the mid nineties, I had to buy a car for the first time in almost 10 years.

Can't remember exactly, but I think I had about £5K to spend? Went looking around the secondhand dealers in the south Manchester area selling 405's, Vectra's, Mondeos, etc.' that were all about 3 to 4 years old and could not believe the internal state of ALL the ones I looked at. They looked like the prevoius owners had wrapped all their fingers in grade 80 sandpaper before driving. Steering wheels and trim totally wrecked......... how do people do that in 50,000 miles, (the car I sold today by chance had done 75,000 and was in excellent shape, hardly a scratch)?

Ended-up buying a 2l petrol 405 privately which turned-out to be a great and very reliable comfy car and sold it no problem about a year later for about £1,000 less than I paid for it.

Renault grand scenic - car supermarkets - alan1302

Bought my car from The Car People in Sheffield and not had a problem with the car or the service we had from them.

Also you said they looked awful but then say the are polished up to look new. Which is it :-)

My i10 was in good condition and cheaper than elsewhere in the area. There was no pressure selling and we didn't even take their finance as we were paying cash and they didn't try to get us to buy on finance.

Renault grand scenic - car supermarkets - oldroverboy.

Well Well.

Nothing new in the original post.

If you buy new from a dealer, all well and good, but, as you go furthet down the food chain, then life gets more interesting.

I would say, (funds permitting)

dealer, new or under warranty

Motorpoint, (especially within the servicing /mileage requirements to benefit from the manufacturers warranty, ) followed a long way behind by the "other" car supermarkets.

Any low value car over 8-10 years old can be considered a risk of total loss now if a repair comes to the value paid for the car. And how easy is that?

Edited by Avant on 01/09/2015 at 12:32