Renault Captur - Reliability - Steveieb
I love everything about this car.

But my memories of the only Renault car I have owned start alarm bells ringing.

I got to know all the local recovery agents personally.

Have things really changed ?
Renault Captur - Reliability - daveyK_UK

It's not so much the faults, but the denial and ignorance from Renault when it's clear it is a common problem.

There is a new Honda HRV about to go on sale, a far better car and manufacturer in every respect compared to the Renault Captur.

Renault Captur - Reliability - Steveieb

Thanks for your views.

Any idea what common problems the Captur suffers from?

Renault Captur - Reliability - V4 Heaven

The new Honda HRV will be made in Brazil. I hope the Brazilians make them as well as they do in Swindon!

Renault Captur - Reliability - nortones2

Bit further north: Mexico. Would wait a while to see how early adopters fare!

Renault Captur - Reliability - Falkirk Bairn

Bit further north: Mexico. Would wait a while to see how early adopters fare!

Early Vezels (US HRV) had many issues paint, fit out of interior......

UK models are different engines/gearboxes so I would probably wait for matters to settle.

Bought my first Honda 20+ years ago.....everyone nigh on 100%.

My son bought a Brand new (new shape) Civic in 2006 and it had lots of issues - leaks, rattles, suspension etc although it was 100% reliable.

Renault Captur - Reliability - Avant

Renaults had severe quality control problems in the early 2000s, mainly with electronics rather than the engines themselves. I think things have got better since then, although I would still say that French cars - fine when new and regularly serviced - are more vulnerable to neglect or abuse than cars from Japan.

Six of the seven Renaults I had between 1980 and 2001 had 2.0 litre petrol engines; the last, and best, was a Laguna 3.0 V6. Most of the current generation of French cars are fitted with engines just one size too small for spirited performance. Renault has no equivalent, for example, of the excellent VW Group 1.4 and 2.0 TSI petrol engines; in fairness, Peugeot / Citroen offer the 1.6 petrol and 2.0 diesel engines in their larger models.

But if the Captur is fast enough for you, you shuld be happy with it. But don't let the salesman kid you that an 0.9 engine means superb economy.

Renault Captur - Reliability - Happy Blue!

I have done 4,000 miles in a 0.9l Captur. It appears well built and has not let me down nor has it exhibited any faults. However, the economy is not as good as you would expect. So far I am averaging 41mpg over a wide variety of driving. Fast motorway speeds (70mph+) really hit the figures.

Renault Captur - Reliability - slkfanboy

Looks a very good option and I am not aware of any major issues. Stacks up well again alternaives like the Yeti which has door rust and and engine issues and the dealers same bad attitude towards customers

Honda maybe but new who knows how good it will be and the honda I had a number of faults, but dealers where very help!

Hope that helps

Renault Captur - Reliability - SteveLee

As people have said they can suffer from niggly electrical gremlins - but mechanically they are reliable - the Renault 1.5DCI is a peach of an engine - with a reliability record VAG would envy. Obviously if you're doing town work then you're better off with a petrol.