vans - Easily impressed - drd63

Last Tuesday I drove c450 miles in Mercedes Sprinter 313 cdi, fully loaded and with an average driving speed of 63mph it delivered 29.7mpg. It was very comfy, quiet and handled well. Are all vans this good now?

vans - Easily impressed - oldroverboy.

When we moved house from Carmarthen to Colchester.. The guys in a big twin wheel base Iveco had been unloading for half an hour when I got to the new house,(i left minutes after them).

The Carpenter took me to the bank saturday in his new vivaro van,, I liked the driving position. and the equipment levels.

vans - Easily impressed - mss1tw

Not just vans, a friend has an 06 Navara 2.5 diesel and that is superbly comfortable for a 'working' vehicle (If still a fashion truck)

It will sit at triple digit speeds quite comfortably and remain composed.

vans - Easily impressed - Trilogy

Not just vans, a friend has an 06 Navara 2.5 diesel and that is superbly comfortable for a 'working' vehicle (If still a fashion truck)

It will sit at triple digit speeds quite comfortably and remain composed.

I hope the driver is soon caught for speeding and removed from our roads, if this is being done in the UK.

I hope the driver is soon caught for speeding and removed from our roads, if this is being done in the UK.

Cool story bro

vans - Easily impressed - oldroverboy.

Cool story bro

Who said it was doing triple digit speeds in the uk.

I was recently driving at 110-120 MPH in a close european country where it was legal.. I hit about 130 at one point too, but nice empty quality road surface........................Bah Humbug...

When will people learn that 30mph in unsuitable conditions is far more dangerous than 73mph on an empty motorway in dry clear conditions.

When will people learn that 30mph in unsuitable conditions is far more dangerous than 73mph on an empty motorway in dry clear conditions.

Well, would you like to be hit by a Nissan Navara doing over 100mph?

vans - Easily impressed - Avant

I agree - I wouldn't like it - but I'm less likely to be hit by a Navara doing 100+ mph on a German autobahn than I am by one doing 30 mph in a busy high street.

I realise mss1tw hasn't stated where this happened. In my original reply I did write if in the UK.

vans - Easily impressed - Steveieb
Went to test drive a 12 plate Toyota Hi Lux and found it so bouncy and tiring to drive.

Got back in my Transit and found it so comfortable in comparison.

Is the Navara more comfortable than the Hi Lux ?
vans - Easily impressed - daveyK_UK

Vans are fine to drive,

the pig ignorant reviews from certain members of the motoring press that all van based MPVs are 'van like' to drive is why I take reviews with a pinch of salt.

vans - Easily impressed - alan1302

Vans are fine to drive,

the pig ignorant reviews from certain members of the motoring press that all van based MPVs are 'van like' to drive is why I take reviews with a pinch of salt.

I always taken them to mean that the MPVs have a more upright driving position and more like a van than a car rather than being a negative point.

Went to test drive a 12 plate Toyota Hi Lux and found it so bouncy and tiring to drive. Got back in my Transit and found it so comfortable in comparison. Is the Navara more comfortable than the Hi Lux ?

He is a precious so-and-so when it comes to choosing vehicles, so I would say yes, more than likely!