Nissan Maxima 2007 - Fuel pump replacement - TeePro

I was wondering if any technicians, mechanics or car enthusiasts could help with this. Although I have indicated a car brand, I think that the information I need may apply to any car models. Where do you typically buy your fuel pumps i.e. online or from distributors? Which OEM equivalent fuel pump brand would you recommend I buy and why? Also, have you had to stop using a brand? If yes, why?

I have not had very good experiences with OEM equivalent fuel pumps so your advice will help me in taking a decision going forward.

Thanks.

Nissan Maxima 2007 - Fuel pump replacement - Peter.N.

Is this petrol or diesel, if diesel which pump?

Hi Peter,

It's petrol please

Nissan Maxima 2007 - Fuel pump replacement - elekie&a/c doctor
Very much depends on the age of the car.The newer the model,the more likely that a replacement pump is only available from main dealers.Most of the European made cars have pumps made by Bosch,Vdo,Siemens,Marelli etc etc and are often available through the aftermarket motor factors /parts distributors.Nowadays it is usual to buy the complete fuel delivery cell ,rather than just the pump on its own.However ,Inhave noticed that some makers are actually bonding the pump into the plastic framework,so it cannot be taken apart without destroying the plastic.

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the module you described seems to be the new trend. I am talking about the aftermarket, so old cars essentially.

Do you buy from suppliers? Which brand do you prefer to buy? why? what was your experience?

Thanks.