Police - Preventing a crime? - oldroverboy.

As I was parking in our local supermarket, a police car came into the car park on blue lights. Parked on the no drop off/stopping zone in front of the entrance. As I followed him in he had a quick word and a laugh with the security guard and walked into the store, stopping in front of the condom section...

Preventing a crime or what.

Not much to do with motoring except plod parking where he wants to to do a personal shop, (or maybe it was evidence)

Police - Preventing a crime? - skidpan

Similar thing at our local Tesco last year. 2 pretend constables (whatever they call them) parked in a clearly hatched no parking zone strait opposite the doors (it was raining) and went in a did their shopping. Took a photo and e-mailed it to local plod, never heard a thing.

Police - Preventing a crime? - drd63

Seriously! You took a photo of a policeman going shopping, just how much time have you got on your hands? We're you really that inconvenienced?

Police - Preventing a crime? - alan1302

Seriously! You took a photo of a policeman going shopping, just how much time have you got on your hands? We're you really that inconvenienced?

So you think it's ok for the police to break the law? Even if it's a minor matter?

Police - Preventing a crime? - Eddy56

So you think it's ok for the police to break the law? Even if it's a minor matter?

what law had they broken parking on the hatched area of tescos car park?

Police - Preventing a crime? - alan1302

what law had they broken parking on the hatched area of tescos car park?

Whre enough -not breaking an actual law - but if the police can't follow the rules in the Tesco car park then why should everyone else?

Police - Preventing a crime? - drd63
It's the concept of trying so hard to find and drop someone in it for a really minor indiscretion that I can't understand - what sort of mind thinks like that. Live and let live a little.
Police - Preventing a crime? - gordonbennet

Fair play to the lad, on a promise? don't muck about or the offer might evaporate.

Obviously not a boy scout or he'd have been prepared, dib dib dib.

:-)

Police - Preventing a crime? - oldroverboy.

My original comment was not a complaint, but it was amusing that he arrived using his blue lights,

An emergency... Buy me and stop one?

Police - Preventing a crime? - concrete

My original comment was not a complaint, but it was amusing that he arrived using his blue lights,

An emergency... Buy me and stop one?

Nice one oldroverboy. My old Dad, now gone bless him, used to make us laugh as kids. If a police car went charging past, Austin Westminster or Riley in those days, lights on and a bell clanging away, he always looked at his watch and said ' Aye, the canteen must be closing early'. It always made us kids laugh anyway....

Cjeers Concrete