Car Sound Quiz - volunteers require - themacanderson

Good morning!

I'm hoping to generate some excitement (and beta testers!) about an iPhone app I'm currently working on. It's called 'Car Sound Quiz', and as you have probably guessed, it's a trivia app that tests the users' ability to identify a car purely by the sound that its engine makes. To give you a bit of background, I'm a massive petrolhead and have always been a big fan of cars with aurally attractive engines. The Alfa V6s, BMW sixes (S54 in particular), F355 and AMG V8s are all high on my list. As engines become more eco-friendly/turbocharged/downsized, we start to lose this element (BMW's adoption of synthetic sound enhancement does not get my vote!).

More and more cars are starting to sound the same, so it's a sad time for those that enjoy the sweet sound of induction and exhaust. So, being slightly bias as it's my app, I think that Car Sound Quiz is timely.

I've never developed an app before, so I'm quite new to this. I want to make sure I get it right too, I'm a believer of 'if you're going to do something, do it right'. I've designed the app to appeal to as many car fans as possible, giving amateurs the opportunity to get into it, whilst at the same time giving more experienced car enthusiasts (or dare I say 'anoraks') a stimulating challenge. I've thought about the content, the variety of questions/cars and the general gameplay experience/look and feel. I'm actually quite pleased with what I've come up with so far, but I think it would be a bad idea to release it without feedback from other petrolheads.

So, a request: I'm currently formulating a list of beta-testers who would be interested in trying out the app before we release it on the App Store. If you would like to volunteer to become a beta tester, please PM me with an email address so that I can send you an invite.

My apologies if you're an Android user. The developer that I'm using can only develop for iOS, so for the time being we're not planning on releasing on Android. However, if it is successful on Apple we will definitely consider a port.

If you would like to learn more about the app, I'm happy to answer any questions on here. Thanks Peter

Car Sound Quiz - volunteers require - John Boy

As far as I can see, there is no Personal Message facility on this forum. Therefore, if you want any responses you need to post an email address or website for forum members to contact.

Car Sound Quiz - volunteers require - Bolt

Question, with speaker quality only being so so on even a iphone, will the quality be good enough to tell the difference between engine/exhaust sounds

also would it not have been better to have a visual game say showing an outline of a motor and you have to guess what car it is

Car Sound Quiz - volunteers require - Engineer Andy

You could always plug your headphones in, which would give better sound quality.

Car Sound Quiz - volunteers require - Bolt

You could always plug your headphones in, which would give better sound quality.

Some headphones sound worse than mobile phone speakers, which wont do justice to a nice purring V8

Car Sound Quiz - volunteers require - Ben 10
I need some help too.
I've never created an app before, but I'm going to have a go.
It's called toot toot and it's an app where you have to guess what car horn is being played and match the car. I think it will be a winner.
What do you think ??
Car Sound Quiz - volunteers require - alan1302

Question, with speaker quality only being so so on even a iphone, will the quality be good enough to tell the difference between engine/exhaust sounds

also would it not have been better to have a visual game say showing an outline of a motor and you have to guess what car it is

iPhone would be fine and a decent set of speakers or headphones would be better still.