Nissan Qashqai Ntec 2015 - Outdated Sat Nav Maps on new car - johnbull
I feel people should know what they are buying /getting when they buy a new car with sat nav included as standard, below is how it was explained to me in actual emails between us :- this is unacceptable How can I tell how old my maps are on my 2015 Qashqai satnav, everything seems to be dated 2013 on the SD card .

If that is the case they are well out dated. please confirm if this is correct. The response from HERE is attached as they were unable to help despite offering me map updates :-

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Service.

If the SD card is marked 2013 or 2013/14 the map data on the card might be from before that as the map data is collected, checked and programmed during a longer time period for quality purposes. (This is the reason Nissan releases map updates once year as they need time to adjust the maps from HERE for our system usage like NC2Kai).To confirm which version you have in your Nissan Qashqai, please contact your Nissan dealership or if you can, please check the date on the SD card itself. I hope this answers your query.

Hi Jill,

No it certainly does not !!

I have contacted Nissan Exeter (JFE) to be told that after investigation online they think these are the latest maps available , The actual last date modified on my SD card is 7/10/2013 which is totally unacceptable and “not fit for purpose “, as HERE ( Navteq ) state they make updated data available on a quarterly basis .(see below ) therefore it must be Nissan UK’s choice not to make up to date maps available to their customers , thereby deeming it acceptable to provide a new car with map information that , as of today are 19 months out of date , about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I would appreciate it if you could investigate this matter further on my behalf to provide up to date maps for my system.

Hi Jill ,

PS. European maps for Nissan connect are available on Ebay with a date of January 2015, why can’t we have them as customers. perhaps Nissan will fund me £65 and I can buy my own.

This is the reason I require the updates :-

In this new Nissan map update more than 115,175 roundabouts, 1,622,570 street names, 77,834 one way streets and 248,011 turn restrictions have been added or amended.

Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Service.

We would like to let you know that we send your case to investigation and you will be contacted within 2 working days by one of our agents.

If you have any further queries, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Dear Sir, With regards to my voice mail left on your landline number today, I wish to introduce myself as your case manager and a case has been raised under the following reference 1-555578272.

In order for me to investigate your latest map update issue would you please send a picture of the serial number which is printed on your SD card?

Thanking you in advance for providing me with this missing additional information.

If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details provide below.

Kind Regards

Marc

Dear Mr

Please accept our apologies for the delay in our response to you, we do appreciate your patience.

Further to your enquiry about the GPS version in your New Nissan Qashqai registration number MXXXJR, we have investigated your query and can confirm the following information.

Your Nissan Qashqai (SJNFDAJ11U1358449) has the most up to date GPS system that is available for your vehicle. The SD card in all Nissan vehicles is always the latest version available at the factory at the point of time when the car is being manufactured. I can confirm that your vehicle was manufactured in March 2015, therefore the latest GPS information at that point was the 2013 / 2014 version.

Nissan updates the map data from a company called HERE (previously called NavTeq), once per year. This is normally available for release during the autumn (Sep-Oct) of each year, therefore the next available update for your vehicle will likely be the autumn of 2015. I have provided a link below to their website that will enable you to purchase this update as soon as it becomes available.

www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/N...t

If there is anything else I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

Kim

So they update once a year !!! Why is my version not 2014/2015 ?? considering it should have been updated in third quarter 2014 going by the supplied information , this is still unacceptable and to add insult to injury ,inform me I can buy an update in Sept /Oct is an insult ,Nissan should be providing me with a free update to provide an acceptable level of coverage for a newly supplied vehicle costing over £25K.

Perhaps this should be publicised on the wider web /net of what poor mapping is available with new car Sat Navs . TomTom provide free lifetime updates with a unit costing less than £100 how much is your update ??? It would seem a disparity there somewhere. I await your reply with interest before doing anything more. Regards

Thank you for your response.

To confirm your GPS SD Data is the most updated version available on the market today – 2013/2014; the 2015-2016 version will be available around September / October 2015.

The cost of this update can be found within the link provided below;

www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/N...t

As indicated in my last email, Nissan updates the map data from a company called HERE (previously called NavTeq), and all prices for their SD cards are governed by them directly and this is not a cost set by Nissan.

I hope that the above answers your questions, however please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,

Kim

In other words tough, thats customer service with a smile for you . I feel really valued after buying three New Qashqais from Nissan.

Edited by johnbull on 17/07/2015 at 23:32

Nissan Qashqai Ntec 2015 - Outdated Sat Nav Maps on new car - colinh

Further evidence that built-in sat-navs are overpriced marketing hype. For approx. £100 you can buy a TomTom (the maps will be more up-to-date than one from Garmin/HERE/NavTeq) with lifetime map updates four times a year

Nissan Qashqai Ntec 2015 - Outdated Sat Nav Maps on new car - Engineer Andy

Do any car manufacturers allow their ICE screens (even if they don't have SatNav) to connect to a mobile phone or other device WITH a SatNav facility so it can be used on the larger screen? Is this feature even available on mobile phones?

It would be a useful tool, especially as more and more cars come with larger touch screen displays now - they could then act like a (dumb) computer in 'SatNav' mode just displaying (with the same touchscreen facilities as the phone on SatNav mode) what's on the phone (which could have the screen blanked whilst this feature were running/connected to the car) a bit like normal pairing with the phone. All that would be required from time to time would be upgrades in OS software to the car if it were run on a compatible/same system as the phone.

Nissan Qashqai Ntec 2015 - Outdated Sat Nav Maps on new car - SteveLee

It's not uncommon for people who work in dealers to nick the newer satnav DVDs/SD cards for their own cas and replace them with their own outdated media. It's also not uncommon for them to be replaced with copies and the originals sold on ebay.

Nissan Qashqai Ntec 2015 - Outdated Sat Nav Maps on new car - madf

First question I ask about satnavs in cars.. "cost of update?".

Part of the purchasing process.

And salemen lie so I check.

Must be my Scottish Calvinist roots...

Nissan Qashqai Ntec 2015 - Outdated Sat Nav Maps on new car - The Gingerous One

Yes this wouldn't surprise me either. If there has been an update since then maybe the supplying dealer would give you an update, but it depends I guess whether you got the car from a main dealer, or a car discount place.

My SatNav in my XF is 5 yrs old, but it still reasonably up-to-date, there's a couple of roundabouts on the A1 that have now gone and it tells me to slow down but other than that it seems pretty ok so far. Must be because I keep doing to same journeys & don't go anywhere new.......

I am impressed by the HERE link, ISTR the Jaguar dealer saying it was £180 to update the Sat Nav and the HERE website quotes £173 for Western Europe, a saving of £7.

Nissan Qashqai Ntec 2015 - Outdated Sat Nav Maps on new car - www.gps-map-updates.com

hello Dear, I am Alley and am working as a customer executive, in my organization xxxx toll-free service available for all USA users on this toll-free number xxxx technical team available for resolving admin issues in a short notice period.

Edited by Avant on 29/12/2018 at 09:18

Nissan Qashqai Ntec 2015 - Outdated Sat Nav Maps on new car - FP

My dearest Alley: you won't get far in your wonderful job if you cannot even understand that an American phone number isn't much use to potential clients in the UK - even if they take this unconvincing bit of spam seriously.