Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2.0 07-12 (Mk3) vs Honda CR-V 2.0 2015 - Krell

Hi there..

Im thinking maybe to replace my Honda CR-V 2.0 Petrol Manual Lifestyle (Xenon, Alcantara, 4WD...), to new model in one or two years. I have a chance to sell mine and need to decide that today (i'll be without CR-V one or two years).

If some of u had chance to compare those both version (Mk3 vs Mk4 both petrol and manual), how u gonna compare them?

I really like the seats on Mk3 with ArmRest in the seat. Also i like that rear middle seat can go down and be practical for transport skiis or longer objects.. Also the rear seats can go like back and forth 15 cm, which also is very practical (i cant see this on new model).

So how Honda CR-V Petrol Manual 4WD MK3 compare to new Honda CR-V Petrol manual 2.0 (Mk4)?

Is there a lot of upgrade in term of quailty, way of driving, fuel consumption MK3 vs Mk4 version? Is it worth to upgrade at all?

Today i saw the new model. And maybe it's a bit better materials inside, but for me it's not better car.

1. Definitly Seat and ArmRest much better in Mk3

2. Adjustability of rear seats much better in Mk3 (central Seat goes down, and it's nice for transporting skiis and long objects.

3. Rear Seats goes 15 cm back and froth (very nice sometimes)

4. Shelf on half in the boot (very nice).

MK3 is very smooth and very comfortable vehicle, and seem that on 2.0 petrol is exactly the same, so i cant see any improvement (Start Stop, but only for city driving).

Also new model here is much more expensive, so Mk3 for me is better one (maybe i dont like the rear part of Mk4)

Greetings

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2.0 07-12 (Mk3) vs Honda CR-V 2.0 2015 - Manatee

Sometimes they make things worse.

In 2002 we bought a Civic. One of the handy features of that model was the location of the gear lever in the lower dash. The floor was completely flat, and it was possible to move easily from front to rear or from one fron seat to the other.

My uncle was so impressed with the car that he bought one in 2003, to find they had put a centre console in it..."customer demand" apparently.

One of the nice features of the 2007-12 Outlander is the drop-down tailgate. Handy for loading, and for sitting on when changing in and out of one's boots. Gone in the 2012 model.

They seem to foregt that the features of a car may be what people bought it for, and some consistency will help with loyalty when they come to replace.

Edited by Manatee on 16/07/2015 at 18:49

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2.0 07-12 (Mk3) vs Honda CR-V 2.0 2015 - Avant

That should help you to make up your mind, Krell. Keep the CR-V that you've got: the proceeds of sale of your Citroen will help with the running costs of the Honda.

Too late :( I confirm to the interested guy. And we'll do the transaction as soon as i get back from my holiday.. At least i'll have Honda for Holiday and 2000-3000 km of driving.

After this, i can survive year or two without CR-V.. But im sure that after that, i'll have to buy Honda CR-V again. Seriosly.. It's the best car i tried in the class and for money.. Very smooth, very comfortable, very practical. When guy callled me to confirm, i wish that he'll say NO.

Anyway, at least now im sure what car i really like, and i'll have to buy it again.. I hope soon

Honda CR-V - Honda CR-V 2.0 07-12 (Mk3) vs Honda CR-V 2.0 2015 - SteveLee

All the things that seem to be important to you - arm rest, seats, storage are easily quantifiable by sitting in it for 5 minutes at a showroom. Fuel consumption is slightly improved across the range, this is because Honda have abandoned any pretence that the CR-V is a 4x4 and have fitted a weedy, electronically torque limited rear drivetrain - meaning the vehicle is essentially 2WD with a slight assist from the rear when slippage is detected. The older CR-Vs would split drive pretty much 50/50 when the system detected a front to rear wheel speed differential.

The rear wheel drive assist is so feeble that you can't really expect the system to get you out of trouble if the front wheels completely lose traction - so you may as well save your money and buy a two wheel drive MPV and reap the fuel consumption benefits of not lugging the largely superfluous rear drivetrain components around.