Used Honda CRV versus FreeLander - notmyname

HI

I am considering changing the family car. Currently we have a 09 Civic EX which is a bit tight on space for 2 adults and 2 kids on longer trips & holidays. I am looking for something with a more upright driving position, good turning circle, slightly higher back seats for the kids as one gets very car sick. Budget around 8-11.5k I would rather be at the lower end...

I was consdering a CRV or Freelander autos. I like the reliability of the honda, some concerns over a hard ride (yet to test drive), I understand there are certain tyre sizes you should avoid yet I don't know which models this applies too. Freelander 08 apparently is good for the motionsickness which is a big consideration although I read about reliability issues regarding the autos. I only do 4-5k miles per year.

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks

Used Honda CRV versus FreeLander - elekie&a/c doctor

Take a look here,looks like the Honda is a better deal.Just make sure the aircon works.www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/land-rover/freelande...d

Used Honda CRV versus FreeLander - Falkirk Bairn

2 ltr petrol with such a low annualmileage. I get 30mpg (computer) and 35+ on a long run.

Not the fastest out of the box but comfy & reliable.

S,SE etc are usually 17", EX is 18" with option of 19"

Best for comfort is 17", 18" is fine - magazines say optional 19" @ £1500 is a waste of money and very rarely seen.

Used Honda CRV versus FreeLander - notmyname

That is what I thought on the tyre sizes, do you know what the ES would be?

Thanks!