Audi A3 2 lt S line - Audi A3 servicing - Main_man
Hi looking at buying the above car with 50k miles on it 4 yrs old - 2011 model noticed it's only had 2 services to date ( one Audi dealer the other an independant ) Wondered what's the service schedule/intervals?? I'd have expected more services in the book. Thought I'd ask gauge opinion before buying .

Edited by Main_man on 28/06/2015 at 06:45

Audi A3 2 lt S line - Audi A3 servicing - Happy Blue!

There are lots of cars which have been on lease that only required one or possibly two services in three years due to low mileage or mainly motorway miles. Would i but one? No. Would I buy this Audi? No! 50,000 miles and only one main dealer service? Madness. ...avoid.

Audi A3 2 lt S line - Audi A3 servicing - Main_man
Thanks for the reply, drives well and is a decent price for the spec etc however the lack of main dealer servicing did make me think. Interesting why you say you wouldn't buy an ex lease car?
Audi A3 2 lt S line - Audi A3 servicing - daveyjp
Flexible service intervals can also mean items which are changed only on a time basis, such as brake fluid, are never done.
Audi A3 2 lt S line - Audi A3 servicing - gordonbennet

HB's not alone in this, there's a lot of us out there who think this method of servicing isn't in the interests of a long vehicle life.

Main dealer servicing or lack of wouldn't put me off, but i'd be checking who did the servicing carefully, and a long life service regime would put me off any car no matter what logo the technician's overalls sported.

Indeed, at one point I was going to buy a VW Touareg but all the 3.5 year old models I saw had only one or possibly two services at most. None of the sales agents (none with the VW network interestingly) thought it a problem(!) ".....It's been serviced according to the book sir..." - I don't care, I want evidence of an inspection and oil change every 12 months.

Audi A3 2 lt S line - Audi A3 servicing - Ordovices

It is an interesting observation that some people attach a link between car service intervals and the time it takes our planet to complete one orbit of the sun (give or take 6 hours).

If we lived on Mars, long life servicing would obviously be more acceptable but just imagine the queues at the garages on Mercury!

Servicing yearly would be considered extended interval servicing in the US and years ago it would have been the same in the UK, however, progress in condition based maintenence seems to be too much to tolerate past a four season cycle.

Its not the oil (although it partly is), it's the inspections of things that can and do go wrong that get missed by less frequent inspections.

Why are aeroplanes inspected after each flight.....?