Hi to you all, anyone been ripped off buying an x police car

from a seller in stockport ? my advice is if your thinking these cars

are a good deal they are not they are junk just waiting to break

down.

I bought one and paid 3k for it the warranty was a rip off so

ended up spending a further 1k putting problems right, the people

who sell these know ALL whats wrong with the cars but do NOT

fix them before resale, STAY clear of stockport dealer who has

several names in trading but all in stockport area.

any - ex police cars stockport - Hamsafar

Thanks - no way I'd buy an ex-police car or taxi.

any - ex police cars stockport - gordonbennet

On the other hand i bought an ex police driving school Rover 827 many years ago, it had a service history to die for, blue/grey, was unmarked in every way and needed nothing at all doing to it, came on a set of brand new Continental tyres too.

I ran that for several years during which time it never missed a beat, the Honda 2.7 engine was still so quiet and silky you had to look at the rev counter to know if it was ticking over, never used a drop of oil and it would still pull 145 without a murmer, without a doubt one of the best cars i've ever owned.

An ex traffic or general purpose car would have to be seriously cheap to tempt though.

Like everything in this world they are cheap for a reason so expect to have to put some work in to get it back to condition, if you want one careful owner perfection with a cast iron warranty buy an approved used from a reputable main dealer, though it will be up to three times the price of the ex plod motor.

any - ex police cars stockport - Dwight Van Driver

Ah Gordon dem were the days when the majority of Forces had their own dedicated workshops and a quicker turn over of cars.

Now cars are framed out willy nilly to various private garages for service etc and budget cuts means they have to hold on to cars longer so higher mileage hence thrashed longer.

T Pac stops and chases from TV seem to incur more damage than my day when it was a sin to put a scratch on your car.

ex Police cars - its not a ten from Len.

dvd

any - ex police cars stockport - jc2

The motorway and high speed pursuit cars are probably pretty good-the ones used for local work,I would avoid.

any - ex police cars stockport - Gibbo_Wirral

My sister's ex bought a Focus diesel from them a few years back. It was absolutely terrible. He took them to Trading Standards to get a refund because the "warranty" covered nothing.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 29/06/2015 at 14:45