Vauxhall Corsa D 56 Plate - ECU Problems - Notthestig

I've had this off the road for nearly 2 years, trying to sort out numerous faults. Thought I'd get the engine steam cleaned as there was an oil leak that the garage couldn't locate. I think this has been a big mistake.

I took it for an MOT and it boiled on the way, after fitting a new water pump, the car was missing on the way home., finally struggling in 1st gear. Next day car fired up and cut. Same garage came, plugged in computer and found various faults, diagnosing crankcase sensor. Fitted that, no joy, 2nd hand fuel pump, no joy, 2nd hand throttle body, still no joy. Off to auto electrician diagnosed ECU failure. After 2 attempts with another auto electrician installing and re programming ECU still no joy. Car will fire up and then just cuts out.

In the 2 years I've had it, it has started and run every time without failure a few times the battery has gone flat, but always started with jump leads.

Vauxhall Corsa D 56 Plate - ECU Problems - elekie&a/c doctor

The fact that the car fires up and then cuts out,tends to suggest a problem with the immobilser system.Does the eml warning light flash when ignition switched on?