Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDT1 Exclusiv Auto 5 Door - Is this car value for money - dizzybird

I have been offered this car for £6060, it looks in good condition and has low mileage at 37500 on a 60 plate.

Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDT1 Exclusiv Auto 5 Door - Is this car value for money - scot22

I would be very cautious with a low mileage diesel. The engine may not have got sufficiently hot to keep things in good order.

Also I have read a number of criticisms of Vauxhall autos.

It would not appeal to me (probably means its an excellent buy !)

Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDT1 Exclusiv Auto 5 Door - Is this car value for money - Paul Robinson

I suspect Honest John would say - you'd better off looking for a Toyota Verso 1.8 (petrol) CVT auto ...

Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDT1 Exclusiv Auto 5 Door - Is this car value for money - daveyK_UK

The 1.9 does have problems, check out the owners forum

Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 CDT1 Exclusiv Auto 5 Door - Is this car value for money - slkfanboy

While the Zafira is a well worked out the 1.9 you often see comment on OJ like;

You recently stated that the Vauxhall Zafira's 1.9 CDTi 120 engine can be a "disaster zone".

While over dramatic there are a number of very costly issues with the 1.9 engine.

The other alternative suggested above with a CVT gearbox is not one i would suggest OJ would recommend.

I would look at the C4 Picasso as a good value alternative, with few problems. check seat belts and brakes thu.