Ford Fiesta saloon 1.6 2013 - Headlamp deflectors for driving in france - 9174by
Hi am driving to France can I use the stick on headlamp deflectors or does this car have a adjuster under the bonnet. Will the stick on deflectors harm the lense. Thanks mike
Ford Fiesta saloon 1.6 2013 - Headlamp deflectors for driving in france - FP

You'll probably get responses from people more knowledgable than me, but with my Ford Focus I bought the stick-on deflectors, found they did nothing and set the beam adjustment low. No problems. At least the local police might think I had made an effort, I thought.

On return home, I left the deflectors in place; as I said, they seem to do nothing. No problem with MOT. And handy for the occasional return to the continent.

Ford Fiesta saloon 1.6 2013 - Headlamp deflectors for driving in france - Peter.N.

I have used deflectors on other cars an what they do if corretly fitted is blank out the light to the LH side so the dip beam is parralell. If you fit them in the dark with the lights shining on to a wall you can see where they need to go.

Ford Fiesta saloon 1.6 2013 - Headlamp deflectors for driving in france - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

I have used the headlight adjustor thumbwheel to set the headlights to full low in my recent visits to France. The last time I used a popular brand of deflectors I found the glue was water soluble and I'd lost one before reaching Dover. The other one had slid down the headlight.

I do carry a pack in the car to pacify the gendarmes.

Edited by Glaikit Wee Scunner {P} on 01/06/2015 at 22:16

Ford Fiesta saloon 1.6 2013 - Headlamp deflectors for driving in france - Manatee

Do you actually mean the prismatic deflectors, or the mask templates?

I used to use the latter when we went to France every year, back in the 80s. I saw as many of them on other cars fitted in completely the wrong place than correctly.

What you are trying to block off is the light that goes high on to the left verge when you dip. That light comes from the opposite, bottom half of the reflector. Once I had figured it out I started making my own with black insulating tape!

Having said all that, it probably doesn't work so straightforwardly with some of today's headlamps - the odd shapes, and the projector types, which would need a prismatic deflector

Ford Fiesta saloon 1.6 2013 - Headlamp deflectors for driving in france - John F

I doubt if the flics will be at all bothered, especially in summertime. However, if you are worried, just apply a small long thin black triangle made of duct/insulating tape somewhere on the perspex....

Ford Fiesta saloon 1.6 2013 - Headlamp deflectors for driving in france - oldtoffee

>>>>I doubt if the flics will be at all bothered,

Hmm not my experience, I've been stopped soon after Calais and been given the once over and they were very particular about the high vis vests for 4 of us in the right place, the beam stickers and asked me to turn the lights on and held their clipboard infront, I didn't see how that worked but they insisted. They also checked that I had a letter from the company authorising me to drive the car as well as usual driving licence, triangle basically eveything. Got done for speeding near Bordeaux a few years before that and same again, a very thorough check of all my paperwork and bits and pieces, 90 euros and a badly scrawled "receipt" and they chose not to speak much English! Beware and don't invite trouble.