Honda CRV 2007 2.2 Diesel - CR-V ABS Problems - Captain Zetec

I have a 2007 2.2 Diesel. I love the car but I have an ABS issue that is driving me mad and the quotes from the main Honda agent to rectify seem a little steep. :o(

When the ABS light first appeared, the codes indicated something was wrong with the sensors on the rear wheels, both sides. I replaced the sensors on both rear wheels, and have checked with an oscilloscope, and can see the sensors pulsing as I would expect as I turn the wheel.

When I start the car and begin to move off the ABS light goes out - but then when I hit 20 / 30mph the lights come back on again.

The Honda main dealer suggests that this is because the sensors were not genuine Honda. I find this a little hard to believe - I can see the waveform being generated by the sensors - however admittedly I don't have a reference trace to compare with, and I can't tell what the signal is like at speed. (I'm seeing around 0.9v pk-pk at low speed truning the wheel by hand.) There is a large difference in cost between the dealer supplied part (£160 each!) vs the independently obtained part (£20 each), and I doubt third party suppiers would bother to sell them if they don't work.

Is there some sort of calibration that must be done in order to 'tune in' the new sensors, or are Honda's unusually sensitive to non-honda supplied sensors?

Can anybody point me to a wiring diagram showing the pin out at the ABS control unit end so I can check the wiring looms?

Thanks!

Edited by Captain Zetec on 24/05/2015 at 23:05

Honda CRV 2007 2.2 Diesel - CR-V ABS Problems - Soichiro
Those sensors are way too cheap.
I've never known anybody find a
Honda CRV 2007 2.2 Diesel - CR-V ABS Problems - elekie&a/c doctor
As I and many others have said on this forum,cheap sensors don't work.Honda models are very sensitive to the use of correct parts.A pin out of the wiring may be a wasted effort,you would be better to monitor the live data from the wheel speed sensors to check their output via the diagnostic system.Dont forget these have a magnetic face on the wheel bearings which can also cause problems with the abs system.
Honda CRV 2007 2.2 Diesel - CR-V ABS Problems - slkfanboy

Simple test would be to move the front sensors to the rear and see if the problem moves

Honda CRV 2007 2.2 Diesel - CR-V ABS Problems - Soichiro
It won't be that simple if they've welded themselves into the carrier.
If you want to save money on the sensors, get them from the U.S.
But you'll have to wait for them to be shipped over.
Honda CRV 2007 2.2 Diesel - CR-V ABS Problems - Markus12

Hi.Have you managed to solve this issue? I am having the same problem now. Have tried to different abs sensor brands (one cost £70 and other £25) the problem comes back when hitting 25-30 mph mark. Could you advise how have you solved it please,? Thanks

Honda CRV 2007 2.2 Diesel - CR-V ABS Problems - My hondas a lemon

Did you manage to sort out the problem? I have similar issue