Nissan Primastar - speedometer not working - nissanbob

my nissan primastar spedo has stopped working and will only do 2600 rpm has had a live data check etc but nothing is showing up any ideas

Nissan Primastar - speedometer not working - elekie&a/c doctor

Does this van have abs braking system??

yes it dose a fault came up on the data test for one of the speed sensors this was cleared and did not return

Speedo not working,but does the mileometer clock up the distance travelled?

no mileometer or any computer info mpg average speed etc or distance traveled

The speed signal for the instruments originates from the abs module.So the wiring from this, to the dash, needs checking.

where is the abs module ? wwhat is the best way to check the wireing ? I have had a look at the wires from behind the spedo that go to the radio they look ok except for the yellow wire out of the speedo which I could not get a continuity test with . I have tried to get a wireing diagram but no luck ,thanks for your replys and help

Nissan Primastar - speedometer not working - chris.o
Hi Nissanbob
I'm not sure where the ABS module is located, but I agree you should have a look around looms/electrical connectors. If you look under the bonnet, near side, left hand front corner, you'll see a black plastic cover under the expansion bottle. Remove this and there are some fuses/relays and loom connectors to check. I would carefully disconnect these connectors and inspect the pins etc for damage/corrosion.
In that same area there is the main ECU. On my van it was protected by a metal frame with tamperproof bolts (I removed these and just fitted normal bolts when finished). I have heard of problems with these terminal where the loom enters the ECU. It's a bit of work but I think it's worth having a careful inspection of these ECU connectors.
Might be worth having the battery off whilst your tinkering.
Chris.