Ford Mondeo Purchase - Gotanoldhondar

Hi

I asked for some advice regarding the Ford Mondeo a few months ago,and just thought i would drop in to let you know i have bought one now.

It is a 09 plate 1.8 tdci zetec in the ever present silver,nine stamps in the book along with clean interior and bodywork which will hopefully serve me well as i add to the 107k mileage with work and family duties.

It is my first Ford in nearly twenty years and i hope to keep it for at least three years by which point it will be pushing 200k,it is also nice to just sling stuff in the boot again without planning.

Thanks to all.

Ford Mondeo Purchase - Graham567

Thanks for getting back to us.I also have a 59 plate Mondeo and have had it since new.Its the perfect car for me.Smooth,economical,quiet and swallows alsorts in the huge boot.

Join the forum over at TalkFord.com to get the most out of your new toy.

www.talkford.com/community/forum/96-ford-mondeo-mk.../

Regards.

Ford Mondeo Purchase - S40 Man

I have 2.0d estate agree boot size is great. Does the 1.8 have decent power? I looked into it and the 2.0 had more power (140 vs 118 I think) but economy was similar. I get 52 indicated mixed A road M/way which is pretty good. My old s40 couldn't do that (also 2d)

Ford Mondeo Purchase - Gotanoldhondar

Thank you for your replies fellow Mondeo men.

The 1.8 is probably a little underpowered, however its the 50mpg i am needing more than anything as my mileage has grown.I am dropping from 184bhp to 125bhp so will be getting in peoples way a lot more now,but if it slows me down a little i can live with that.

Thanks.

Ford Mondeo Purchase - TR7
I run a 2.0 tdci 140bhp getting around 44mpg driven briskly