Jaguar XF - Using wyns diesel particulate filter cleaner - mono
Hello,

I have been having problems with the DPF clogging up and alarming and have started to use wyns diesel particulate filter cleaner , adding it every month. This seems to be working really well as I have had no more alarms but this treatment is not recognised by Jaguar and I am worried that I may invalidate my warranty.

Any advice welcome
Jaguar XF - Using wyns diesel particulate filter cleaner - craig-pd130

If you don't tell the supplying dealer you've been using the product, it's extremely unlikely that they'd find any traces of its use in the tank, injection, exhaust or emissions systems.

Dealers are usually not THAT thorough, but there's still a small risk.

Jaguar XF - Using wyns diesel particulate filter cleaner - gordonbennet

If it's working good for you.

As for the warranty, take Cap'n Mainwaring's advice and don't tell 'em Pike.

I don't work in a main dealer service centre but somehow i can't see the fuel being analysed (other than the obvious checking for misfuelling) in the event of typical warranty problems, even then unless you admit putting the stuff in it would be very difficult to isolate exactly what the contaminant is and when it was added.

The only proviso to that, i'm assuming its added to the fuel and not squirted directly into the air intake, so if it were me i'd keep 5 litres of fuel in a can already mixed and add the mix immediately before topping up with clean fuel...if you simply pour it neat into the filler neck then it's possible that there could be some neat additive congealed in the neck above the level the filler pipe washes away, if they suspect and then find the stuff neat in the top of the neck the game's up.

Edited by gordonbennet on 12/05/2015 at 21:51

Jaguar XF - Using wyns diesel particulate filter cleaner - the_bandit

Are you typically journeys quite short?

Also what fuel are you using? In my days of pre-dpf diesels I found using either BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power produced less smoke so using these fuels today means the DPF shouldn't clog up as quickly.

Jaguar XF - Using wyns diesel particulate filter cleaner - oldtoffee

I put in a squirt of Millers Diesel Power Ecomax (trips off the tongue!) additive every 2nd or 3rd tank and make sure that fill it up to the neck to wash it all into the tank. It doesn't actually fill and stay full at the neck it flows back quite a bit.