Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - mss1tw

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy red diesel in smaller quantities? Say 20L in a jerry can?

I don't live in the sticks so no farming/agricultural connections!

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - jc2

Type "red diesel" into your search engine.

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - Wackyracer

Most of the heating oil companies sell it. look for Gas oil 35 sec.

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - jgrahampo

The BP garage in Dumfries has a pump for it.

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - Galaxy

Farm/Agricultural shop.

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - S40 Man

How much will you save? Red deisel is ~60 p L-¹. Regular 1.35 for 20 litres you'll save £17 but you might have to have a trip out to the sticks, time, fuel, wear and rear etc.

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - mss1tw

How much will you save? Red deisel is ~60 p L-¹. Regular 1.35 for 20 litres you'll save £17 but you might have to have a trip out to the sticks, time, fuel, wear and rear etc.

Good point S40 Man - as someone else has said I guess I'll have a look online and see if any there's any farm stores around.

Unfortunately I live in Surrey not Dumfries or that pump would be a good idea ;D

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - Hamsafar

If you buy it you usually have to fill a form in or put an entry in a manifest. It is worth noting that using it for domestic heating has a lower VAT rate than everything else. You may not pay less, but it will help the seller keep the price low.

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - Ben 10
Rules for red diesel

"You can use red diesel as long as you are using it exclusively for farming, horticultural or forestry work and the automobile must be listed for agricultural use"
Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - Galaxy

When I go and stay with my friends in a small village just outside Peterborough he usually has some Red Diesel around. He tells me he is able to buy it in small quantities from the local farm shop. I believe this may-well be unofficially.

The Red Diesel goes into his tractor and dumper truck, which is OK. Their cars are both petrol, anyway.

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - bathtub tom
Rules for red diesel "You can use red diesel as long as you are using it exclusively for farming, horticultural or forestry work and the automobile must be listed for agricultural use"

Isn't it also used in boats?

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - Wackyracer

Red diesel can be used for most things provided it is not used to propel a vehicle on a public road. almost all the frozen/refridgerated lorries on the road use red diesel to run the fridge.

Agricultural tractors can use red diesel on a public road but, I think there are some restrictions.

Where to get red diesel (Small amounts for genny) - jgrahampo

What about the marinas around the Thames and Wey. Do they sell fuel?