Ford Kuga Titanium manual 2013 model 11000 miles - Immobiliser malfunction. Service required. - Billy Mac
Hello Chaps,
Following a 12 mile run and then a subsequent 2 hour stop in a hospital car park, the car would not start. The dash lights all came on but on pushing the start button, the engine failed to turn over. The computer then displayed "Immobiliser malfunction. Service required. "
Ford sent out the cavalry ( The AA in this case). On their arrival, to my embarrasment the car started immediatley. The AA man said that sometimes the key signal can be affected by Overhead Power lines !!!!!!
I would be grateful for your own expert opinion please.
Incidentally, this is my second Kuga and I like everything about the car..................until today's event.
Yours sincerely,
Billy.
Ford Kuga Titanium manual 2013 model 11000 miles - Immobiliser malfunction. Service required. - RobJP

You can occasionally find that radio waves interfere with immobiliser signals, etc. If a hospital has a heliport, or if one is in the vicinity, then that would be a prime source of such radio waves.

No real way of avoiding this - the old methon used to be holding the immobiliser fob next to the steering column while turnng the key, but lots of cars these days don't have a traditional 'key'

Ford Kuga Titanium manual 2013 model 11000 miles - Immobiliser malfunction. Service required. - elekie&a/c doctor

External radio frequencies can affect the operation of the remote locking system.Can't see it causing a fault with the immobiliser.I would get the system checked by the dealer.