mondeo 1.8 2001 - under heating - Anz

my car runs fine but temp guage hardly moving,then it could be after 40 50 miles temp guage showing normal then goes back to cool,it does this every so often,when I put heater on or check engine by hand it's only I would say hand warm.As I've said it's running fine,but noticed tick over a bit fast when showing cold on guage then down to about 700 revs when guage decides to work. ANY IDEAS,or will I go ahead and put new stat in.

mondeo 1.8 2001 - under heating - elekie&a/c doctor

Very likely to be the thermostat on these.However it is not a 10 min job on this engine.The t/stat is part of a housing assy that requires removal of the power steering pump and other parts for access.Allow around 2 hours to complete the job.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 26/04/2015 at 21:08

mondeo 1.8 2001 - under heating - Anz

thanks

mondeo 1.8 2001 - under heating - Coombs33

my car runs fine but temp guage hardly moving,then it could be after 40 50 miles temp guage showing normal then goes back to cool,it does this every so often,when I put heater on or check engine by hand it's only I would say hand warm.As I've said it's running fine,but noticed tick over a bit fast when showing cold on guage then down to about 700 revs when guage decides to work. ANY IDEAS,or will I go ahead and put new stat in.

I had the exactly the same issue and i just had to live with it, the only issue i had was the car never warmed up in the winter and i never had any heating. You can drive with it dont think it will cause any problems. Mine was like it for 3 years.

mondeo 1.8 2001 - under heating - Peter D

Living with it cost you hundreds of pounds in poor fuel consumption due to not running at the correct temp. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 30/04/2015 at 16:05

mondeo 1.8 2001 - under heating - Galaxy

Living with it cost you hundreds of pounds in poor fuel consumption due to not running at the correct temp. Regards Peter

To say nothing about having to drive around in a freezing cold car! I remember when the thermostat stuck on my Mondeo Mark 2. Temperature needle on the gauge barely moved and, unless you were on a really long run, the car was absolutely freezing with next to nothing coming out of the heater at all. I couldn't wait to put a new thermostat in; fortunately, unlike on the Mark 3, this was a fairly easy job.