Any - Suggestions on high mileage reliable car to buy. - Spatacus

Am after suggestions on high mileage cars which are cheap to run i.e. parts and labour cost.

At the moment am driving a toyota corolla verso which has been quiet reliable, only problem is on the two occasions i have had some issues the parts and labour cost we quiet expensive.Prior to the verso i had an astra which i would say had medium reliability but at least the parts and labour cost were manageable.So i finally come to the conclusion that be it highly reliable car or not there will be problems,hence my question.Any suggestions?

Any - Suggestions on high mileage reliable car to buy. - Avant

Maybe best to keep the Verso and find an independent garage whose labour rates should be cheaper than a main dealer's.

Edited by Avant on 24/04/2015 at 00:52

Any - Suggestions on high mileage reliable car to buy. - craig-pd130

I'm a firm believer in 'better the devil you know' in these situations. As Avant said, shop around garages for prices on any work you might need doing, if it needs it.

Or, as I once heard someone say: "What do you want another used car for? You've already got one ..."

Any - Suggestions on high mileage reliable car to buy. - Andrew-T

You can find shoals of statistics telling you which cars are on average the most, or least, reliable. You already have one car, which you may have decided is getting expensive to maintain. But you can only buy a sample of one, which may be a good'un or a not-so-good'un - you probably won't know till you own it.

Basically, no new cars are lemons from the word go - they are all 90% or more reliable. Some last better than others, which is why they get cheap quite quickly. In the end all you can do is buy carefully, making sure the car does what you are looking for, and all important documentation is in place. After that you are on your own. With care and a bit of good fortune it will be OK.

Any - Suggestions on high mileage reliable car to buy. - Gibbo_Wirral

What sort of age range are you looking at? I know from experience that the Peugeot 406 estate is a great buy, but you might not want to run something that old.

Any - Suggestions on high mileage reliable car to buy. - John F

Avoid anything with turbo(s), any three capital letter combinations (e.g. DSG, DPF) and anthing requiring the fuel of satan.