2014 Audi TT TFSI Coupe - AM Radio interferance - Broad
Very bad interferance on AM channel 909 ,on Symphony' radio from new ,while my wife's BMW has perfect reception . Audi say there is nothing wrong with either radio or car and cannot help !!
Anybody had a similar problem or any ideas ??
2014 Audi TT TFSI Coupe - AM Radio interferance - oldroverboy.
I cannot remember having a car with good am or lw radio reception. The Rio is as bad as any.
2014 Audi TT TFSI Coupe - AM Radio interferance - Bromptonaut
I cannot remember having a car with good am or lw radio reception. The Rio is as bad as any.

Maybe it depends on what you call good.

In last 25yrs I've had 2*Citroen BX, a Pug 205, a Citroen Xantia and 2*Citroen Berlingo. All have had decent reception, SINPO* scores a mix of 4 and 5, across UK for Radio 5 on either 909 or 693. Well into France for Radio 4 LW - exceptng the Xantia's dodgy aerial(?).

As might be expected time of day can be a factor and signals don't penetratate deep valleys. But if it were not or RDS technology I'd still prefer it ot VHF/FM.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SINPO_code

2014 Audi TT TFSI Coupe - AM Radio interferance - Bromptonaut

LW/MW AM radio is naturally susceptible to electrical interference - one of the reasons the VHF/FM transmission mode was developed.

Lots of questions.....

Can you identify a source for the interference eg cabin fan? Is it present if you listen with engine off? Is it on all AM stations or just Radio 5 live, does 693 work any better? Is it generated by an accessory such as a phone charger? Can you adjust the orientation of the aerial to improve signal?

2014 Audi TT TFSI Coupe - AM Radio interferance - elekie&a/c doctor

Is this the latest model or prevoius which has the aerial system built into the rear window glass?