Not a chicken. - Crossing the road - oldroverboy.

We were walking down the street, came to a roundabout with a minor road on or left and a refuge halfway across.

Crossed the first bit, started to cross the second bit, (nothing coming from the left) and a boy racer came round a bend and as we were not sure if he was going to stop, stepped back towards the refuge , he stopped in front of us, and told us he did not have to stop, and proceeded to leave some of his tyre rubber on the road.

Ta very much.

Not a chicken. - Crossing the road - Bromptonaut

He's (a) wrong and (b) a plonker.

Not a chicken. - Crossing the road - gordonbennet

C, allowed to vote and D, if not already will probably sire children.

Must have been a day for it, i worked today and amusingly watched his dad in standard issue RR Sport negotiating the A45 by pass which runs round the bottom of Coventry.

He got fed up with the well driven Audi that was maintaining the same speed as the traffic in front whilst leaving a sensible stopping distance, so in a cloud of exhaust smoke undertook the Audi (straddling both lanes) in a space which wasn't there and forced Audi to brake as he swerved back in front before clearing.

Then at the island by the police station he got in the right turn only lane and shot straight over overtaking another 3, black exhaust cloud and zoomed off.

I running at 43 ton, acceleration to suit and travelling at around 37/38mph max came up one car behind him at the lights round the short one way system where you turn right for McD's/Kentucky/Sains, i turned right also as the industrial area was my destination, he then proceeded into Sains approach about 12 seconds before i turned in by Citroen Coventry.

applause/roll eyes/face palm

Edited by gordonbennet on 19/04/2015 at 22:07

Not a chicken. - Crossing the road - Wackyracer

Incredible how much effort and danger people put into getting somewhere a few seconds faster than if they had just done it the less stressful and safer way. For some reason they fail to see that they will one day end up causing an accident and that will delay them much more than just going that little bit slower.