which where to buy my used car from ? confused.com - Sarathml86

Please advice me ,

I am looking to buy a used car to run 100 miles a day (should be highly economical) and low running cost - budget is short under 3000 pounds.

Would authorised car sellers could help me ? or should i approach private sellers?>

Kindly explain quite new to this country have no clue !!

which where to buy my used car from ? confused.com - JanC
Car dealers are poss more expensive but you get some peace of mind eg. They will check that the vehicle is clear of finance and offer some kind of albeit short term warranty. Some will even offer a 7 day exchange policy if you are not happy. Your budget is quite low though, you might need to top up with a small loan?
Buying privately can sometimes get you the best deal but you have to be careful. Always do a HPI check and look for signs of damage/repair work that has been done. Not saying this is a def no no but check any work has been done properly. If possible I would suggest you have the vehicle checked out by someone who knows what to look for - I think the RAC or similar offer to do vehicle reports.
A third option is going to one of the car auctions that are held around the UK but if you go down this route then def. have a mechanic go with you to check vehicle. There are bargains to be had if you know what to look for but you will be bidding against others so keep your head!
Good luck, hope you find a great car.
which where to buy my used car from ? confused.com - slkfanboy

A 100 miles a day I asume is a round trip and based on doing that 5 days a week thats 24,000 miles a year.

£3000 is not a big budget. I think you maybe looking at a 2008ish car but dont go for a small engine i.e 1.2. go for a 1.6td etc. I think golf etc would be too pricy or high miles for reliable transport at this budget. So a peugeot might be your best bet. You will save a few pennies private but not that much to be honest. Safer if you can get it from a well know dealer.

which where to buy my used car from ? confused.com - Andrew-T

You will save a few pennies private but not that much to be honest. Safer if you can get it from a well known dealer.

Safer, probably. But you could save more than a few pennies buying privately - anything up to a grand if you expect a warranty with the car. Whether you buy privately or from the trade, you will need to check a lot of things about the car before buying, especially if you are looking for a reliable workhorse.