travel to seville - concrete

I am sure that amongst our forum members there are some people who have visited Seville in Spain. SWMBO and myself are going there next week and would appreciate some advice. Especially on how to get from the airport to the city centre and also some 'must see' sights. We are there for 3 days before moving on to Toledo then Madrid. We know Toledo and Madrid quite well but have not been to Seville. Any useful comments welcomed.

Cheers Concrete

travel to seville - dadbif
Alhambra palace...
www.sevillaonline.es/english/andalusia/granada/alh...m
travel to seville - catsdad
Seville is a brilliant place. We went a couple of years ago and took taxi from the airport to the city and it was about 20 euros each way. No meters used but this was the rate quoted on travel sites as the then going rate. Try bars and restaurants on theTRiana side of the river. There is a fabulous restaurant on the a tower at the end of the main bridge over the river ( queen Isabella)). The guide books warn of beggars but we saw very few except the impromptu traders who scatter when no the police arrive. All in all felt very safe and the people are very friendly. In summary, wander, chill and enjoy!
travel to seville - concrete

Seville was really good. 22 Euros from the airport by taxi to our appartment in the old town. Very relaxed and friendly. Lots of good bars, tapas and restaraunts. Will go again as there were some things we missed. Overall to be recommended apart from the shoe shine boys, who are quite aggresive (they reckoned without swmbo) and sometimes the buskers who come to a group of tables, give you two bars of whatever and hold their hand out. Still 50 cents to get rid of them was worth it.

Cheers Concrete

travel to seville - urgot

You can use rent car to travel among Seville! I know excellent app on your phone that contains information about car rent companies on your location. here it is (deleted)

Edited by Avant on 06/05/2015 at 00:08