Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - eva

Does Anyone know the brand of tyre that was fitted from new. I want a nice soft ride. Just had landsail tyres fitted and they are terrible. It feels like I'm driving on the rims.

Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - skidpan

Probably Michelins but the type are probably long obsolete.

Are you sure the new tyres are inflated to the correct pressure. Many retailers pump them high to get them to seat and then don't adjust them down.

Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - gordonbennet

Landsail isn't a make many of us here would recommend and if you said it felt like four wheel steering in the wet no one would have been in the least surprised.

However it does seem odd that you find such a ride difference on a softly sprung car like a Xsara (VTR/S excluded)...unless the tyre load index is commercial van spec, could be partly that but Berlingos with the same suspension as your Xsara are wonderfully soft riding on van tyres.

As Skidpan mentions, check the tyres are at recommended normal load/speed pressure (lower of the probably two recommended pressures) and see how they are after a few miles to bed in.

Edited by gordonbennet on 15/04/2015 at 16:04

Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - Peter.N.

I have Michelin 'energy savers' on my 406, they ride nicely and are quite, very good for mileage as well.

Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - Gibbo_Wirral

I use Yokohama BluEarth on my Peuegot. Prior to that Avon. Both reasonably priced and quiet.

I've just checked prices for mine - Landsail are £47 and rated "E" but for just a few quid more I could get some "C" rated tyres. Or "C" and "A" rated Uniroyal for £52.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 16/04/2015 at 14:05

The garage that fitted them let some air out to try to soften them but they're still the same very hard ride. They've checked the BACK suspension because they don't think it's the tyres. I drive across 5 calmers across the road where I live almost every day the bump was quite soft.Since these tyres where fitted it is very hard on BOTH front and rear wheels. I mean no disrespect to the mechanics but I would think it seems quite obvious that it's the tyres. The ride was smooth until these LANDSAIL LS 288 were fitted. Am I making sense please.

Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - Wackyracer

Can I ask what tyres you had on the car before changing to these Landsail tyres?

The garage that fitted them said they where Sunfull and Tigar

Although they are expensive, I may buy Dunlop blue response. Any comments on this tyre please.

Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - bathtub tom

I may buy Dunlop blue response. Any comments on this tyre please.

I'll never buy another Dunlop (or SP) after having thrown too many away due to them separating the tread from the carcase.

I suggest you read you read reviews at some of the many tyre review sites.

Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - quizman

If you want good tyres go for Hankook or for a little more Goodyear Efficient Grip Performence. Have a look on this site to give you some prices.

www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/goodyear/efficie...e

I hate Dunlops as well!

Edited by quizman on 27/04/2015 at 18:58

Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - Wackyracer

Tyres I have used and would buy again are Michelin, Uniroyal, Continental, Hankook and Nexen.

I also would not buy Dunlop, after a work collegue had one go bad after 3 days and the customer care was basically "tough luck, you must have hit a curb or something".

Citroen xsara old style hatch back 2004 - tyres - YorkB

Those are good reliable tyres, I have those tyres on both of my cars.