polo 1.2 TSI Bluemotion reg December 2014 - water and condensation in my new Polo - northeast

Need some help,bought ex demo registred Dec 2014 in March, after a week i noticed a lot of condensation inside of the car thought it was me not having the air flow right as i have always had Fiestas ,then last week when i opened the door the bottom of the sill had domant water just laid and it was not a few drops it was full lengh of the door when i checked the pasanger side that was the same,i contacted VW who asked for the car to be taken in to my local VW garage this i did 2 days ago, they kept it for a full day ,they told me nothing wrong wirth the car seals around the doors, and the dormant water is normal after rain !!!!!!!!!!! as it drains through the doors onto the sills, but then he said if you chip the paint as you get in and out of the car you must have it re pained as it will rust with the water that sits ,when i challenged the finding as hard to believe ,he said contact cusomer services i need to know how do i deal with VW as a female i dont realy know a lot about cars but i am very upset as i saved long time to purchace my car i need some urgent advice please

polo 1.2 TSI Bluemotion reg December 2014 - water and condensation in my new Polo - oldroverboy.
Have you checked the VW owners polo forums.
polo 1.2 TSI Bluemotion reg December 2014 - water and condensation in my new Polo - concrete

Hello northeast, this is a common problem with VAG group cars. I have found this out recently. Sometimes the door card needs removing, the drainage channels cleared and the card resealing. Check to see if the safety belts feel damp, a sure sign of water in the doors and pillars. Sounds like this garage are giving you the 'old flannel'. Get the service manager and ask him would he put up with this on his or his wifes' car. Of course not, he would investigate and cure the problem.

To dry out the interior in the meantime you get some bags of crystals which will absorb the moisture. Also on a decent day park it with windows open to ventilate the interior and also have the windows open a bit when driving around. All this will reduce the moisture inside the car. Keep at them for a solution. Water should stay outside the car.

Best of luck. Cheers Concrete

polo 1.2 TSI Bluemotion reg December 2014 - water and condensation in my new Polo - northeast
Hi,big thank you for your reply ,today I rang VW customer care told them the whole story they are going to follow up as urgent they agreed the water and condensation should not be inside the car so fingers crossed,tonight on my way home from work the seat belt light and bleep would not go off ,I have looked at the belt and it looks quite stretched but not from me and no one else has driven the car,if that makes sense I pulled it out as fare as it would go ,I am going to list your poss causes and give them to the VW customer care when they call on Monday ,do you think I should insist the car is replayced its only4months old ?
polo 1.2 TSI Bluemotion reg December 2014 - water and condensation in my new Polo - 72 dudes
do you think I should insist the car is replayced its only4months old ?

As the car is less than 6 months old (and you've had it for an even shorter time), you can certainly show that the fault was there at the time of purchase. The Sale of Goods Act says the car should be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. In theory you could insist on a replacement car of the same spec/value. Doing this in practice would be a whole lot more difficult.

You could start with the position that the car is faulty and not what a reasonable person would expect of a nearly new VW product, but be prepared to negotiate and let them have a go at fixing it. Ask them to show goodwill by giving you a free service and another year's warranty. In your shoes, I'd introduce an agreement that the car has to be fixed within a certain timescale, to your satisfaction (i.e. no further leaks), or you reserve the right to invoke the Sale of Goods Act and formally reject the car.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

polo 1.2 TSI Bluemotion reg December 2014 - water and condensation in my new Polo - bazza

As stated, there's a long history of rainwater leaks across the VAG group over many years. I've yet to own one that hasn't leaked after a few years- current Skoda excepted-yet! That doesn't make it right of course and your car should stay dry. If there's excessive condensation, you have a leak and your car is brand new under warranty. The salesman is fobbing you off, irritating but fairly typical. Normally, water will pass down between the window and the window rubber, then drain out the bottom-normal. Sometimes the drainage holes at the base of the door can be blocked with paint or underseal-- need to check that. But in my experience the doors tend to leak through the door cards. Inside your door trim there's another barrier, which used to be a polythene sheet sealed around the edges. These leak quite badly and the rain water, instead of draining out the bottom, seeps through into the trim. Later cars- and I think--yours-- have a metal sheet instead of plastic, but this is sealed with some type of foam seal. This can and does also leak. There is also the risk of damp getting into the wiring and control modules located inside the doors- not sure if this affects Polo but it does Golf/Octavia. Keep onto VW as above- they need to sort it for you. Good luck!