Car Insurance for just passed - Glasgow26

Hi there

One of my friends daughter has just passed her test. She is 18 years old (19 in September) - does anyone know of any reasonably priced insurance companies/sites. The cheapest she has been quoted was £1074 with Tesco car insurance and the most expensive was £3500. She has used the comparison sites but the quotes are very very expensive. Anyone any ideas? She is looking to insure an 07 Citroen C1 5 door Rhythm.

Thanks in advance.

Car Insurance for just passed - Graham567

I used a multicar policy with Admiral for my 18 year old son's Peugeot 107 and my car.It seemed to make a big difference.My wife and i are named drivers on his policy with him as the main driver.This brings the premium down.

Car Insurance for just passed - daveyjp
If she can get insurance for £1,000 take it. My wife had an Aygo, she has many more years on your friend, max NCB and 16 years a licence holder. She used to pay about £300, she pays less on her Mercedes.
Car Insurance for just passed - drd63

I'll second that, £1100 is a bargain.

Car Insurance for just passed - Ben 10
Try a quote from Diamond. My daughter passed her test a year ago at 19. With both parents as named drivers we were quoted sub £1000 and her premium has dropped this year to £750. And no black box restrictions.

Edited by Ben 10 on 10/04/2015 at 02:11