probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - borasport20

because when I joined the M62 from the M69 on the way home today and pulled out to overtake a lorry I had to pull back in again to avoid the grey and black roof box in lane 3 :-)

I'm wondering how that can happen without the driver being aware of it, as I didn't see any forlorn looking drivers parked up on the hard shoulder. Surely you must notice it - even if it doesn't bang against the car as it comes off, the noise levels in the car must change ?

probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - brum

Surely you must notice it - even if it doesn't bang against the car as it comes off, the noise levels in the car must change ?

Fully laden Thule box on my Alhambra, barely noticeable. You forget its there.

Possibly not fastened down, lifted off aircraft style and driver didn't notice.

probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - RobJP

You expect most people to pay attention the the world around them ?

Good grief. I've never heard such a ridiculous suggestion.

probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - jc2

Most correspodents on here seem more worried about their radio/CD than the outside wirld.

probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - alan1302

Most correspodents on here seem more worried about their radio/CD than the outside wirld.

They do? Doesn't seem like most of th regular posters you see on here.

probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - Gibbo_Wirral

I know the M69 and M62 aren't connected ;-)

probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - jc2

What about all the ones asking for their codes?Outnumber all the rest!

probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - hillman

I've seen one mishap with a roof box and one should have been a mishap.

The first was a couple of cars in front of me as I approached the entrance of Marple recycling centre. The entrance has a maximum height barrier, to deter tradesmans white vans ? Anyhow, the roofbox caught the barrier and the top half tore off distributing personal belongings all over the surface.

The second was a roofbox that had a broken front fastener and was gaping like a whale as the driver did a full 30 mph. Why it didn't fall off I don't know. I followed the driver down a back street until she stopped and told her.

probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - Farm Hand
Always expect the unexpected!
Reminds me of a near miss travelling along the M180 late one very dark drizzly night in my old TR7
When I was a young inexperienced driver. Very little traffic.
JCB medium sized bucket sat smack in the middle of lane 1. Now they are big and solid!
Thought process went something like this.

Is that something lying in my lane ahead?
I am sure that is something lying there that shouldn't be.
It is something! AND ITS DAMN BIG!

Jeeze! ( or words to that effect) it's a b***** digger bucket right there in front of me!!!!

Deft flick of the steering wheel and round it into lane 2. phew! hit hazards to warn car behind me.

Low Loader half a mile ahead on hard shoulder complete with JCB complete with small and large buckets but not medium bucket! Oh and driver out scratching his head.

Taught me an invaluable lesson of concentration and how quickly you can be upon a hazard at motorway speeds.

probably Thule - Anybody lost a roof box - alan1302

What about all the ones asking for their codes?Outnumber all the rest!

They don't outnumber the normal posts and just because someone wants a code for a radio doesn't mean the ignore the outside world.

I have a radio in my car - as most people do. And listen to and have no problem knowing what's going on round my car.