Avensis 2010 diesel - Avensis 2010 diesel. Faulty "EDU drive"?! - roycar
Hi guys.

Any info/advice would be appreciated.

My avensis had the engine warning light come on three days ago as well as the parking brake fault. Noticed straight away that I had lost a lot of power when accelerating. Now feels like I'm driving a 1l corsa or something similar.

Brought it to the local Toyota garage and they have diagnosed a "faulty EDU drive" and said it will be upwards of a thousand euro for the part and labour.

Basically I'd love to know if anyone has any experience or info on this. Does it sound legitimate? Should I get another opinion before I go ahead with it?

Thanks very much for any replies.
Rory
Avensis 2010 diesel - Avensis 2010 diesel. Faulty "EDU drive"?! - Hamsafar

A quick google suggests it is a fuel metering unit.

INJECTION CONTROL SYSTEM DESCRIPTION

The ECM controls the fuel injection system through the EDU, injectors, and supply pump.
The ECM determines the injection volume and injection timing based on signals from the accelerator pedal position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, and camshaft position sensor. Based on the signals from the ECM, the EDU controls the injectors. The EDU also controls the suction control valve installed on the supply pump to help regulate fuel pressure.
The piezo type injector used in the 2AD-FHV engine makes noise when the engine is idling because this injector operates at high speed. Therefore, the EDU controls the injector to operate at low speed when the engine is idling based on signals from the ECM to achieve noise reduction.
The feed pump is used to pump fuel from the fuel tank to the supply pump.

toyota-corolla.ru/rm04f1ru/repair2/html/contents/r...l