Renault Espace - External air temperature sender/sensor - hagz

Hi

My 2000 Espace will only run cleanly once the air temperature on the dash shows 8 degrees or more. It always starts fine but misfires badly below this temp. Once above 8 degrees it runs fine. I'm guessing an engine management fault but would like to replace the sensor first if only I could find it! Any ideas?

Renault Espace - External air temperature sender/sensor - elekie&a/c doctor
What sensor are you looking to replace?
Renault Espace - External air temperature sender/sensor - Fernando P

Reading this thread may inform you about the heating related sensors.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=90108

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was hoping it might be something as simple as the air temp sensor which I located in the door mirror but no such luck.. Not sure what to try next as engine temp makes no difference to how it runs if the external temp is under 9 degrees. Any suggestions

Renault Espace - External air temperature sender/sensor - elekie&a/c doctor

Not too sure why you replaced the air temp sensor in the mirror,this is for the dash display and climate control,,nothing to do with the engine.The air intake system temp sensor is part of the airflow meter.I would check the connector to it first ,to make sure it is clean and secure.Also I would check the live reading with a diagnostic tester to confirm that the air temp sensor is giving an accurate reading.

Thanks for that. I didn't change the wing mirror sensor. I just checked it as wasnt aware of any others. Where would I find the air control metre on my espace? Thanks